JJ deserves his own thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Nov 6, 2010.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I'm happy for the kid and I hope he can build on this. Maybe, just maybe, he's getting it.

In retrospect, the last drive of the first half today in my mind went a long way in building his confidence. Thought we would we would hand the ball off a few times and run out the clock, but I suppose as we know, Miles is not always conventional... All of a sudden JJ hits Toliver (I believe) on what Danielson called a dangerous pass, and just missed a big play on a ball Randle should have caught. Then there was another completion before the half ended. Little did we know what the second half would bring...

The 75 yard TD to Randle was a thing of beauty, and JJ looked like a different, more confident QB. Hopefully, this is the JJ we see the rest of the season.

:geauxtige

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

JJ looked good in the 2nd half. I really think that his regression was a mental one. If that monkey got off his back today, we can truly look forward to the rest of the season.

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I can say GREAT game for JJ tonight...but I still believe JL should be the guy.

4. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Just re-watched the highlights. Watch JJ's perfect block on the reverse. Gave Peterson an extra 7 yards.

Jefferson is still my boy(nh). I got hassled by someone for wearing his jersey today, but he might have been the best player on the field today. His decision making was great today. He had some very nice reads on passes where he just took off for 1st downs running it. He never held the ball too long either. IIRC, no sacks?

5. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

yup. JJ ad a great game today. Loved that block on the reverse. I loved the emotion from everyone on the field today.

6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I've been really critical of JJ this year after defending him alot going into the season. He deserves alot of praise for his play today. Good job JJ !!!

1 person likes this.
  7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

This is kinda how I still feel, although I am proud of Jordan. He did the job today. If he would give us that every week, there would be no 2 quarterback system, no controversy whatsoever.

However, and I know this is Jordan's thread for his well-deserved props, save a couple of props for Jarrett Lee and the absolutely clutch completion he made late in the game, cold off the bench, to give us a huge first down and help bleed the clock out. We needed both quarterbacks today, and they gave us some good completions.

8. roynav

roynav free your mind

Yes, great game by JJ. I've been critical this year, but credit where credit is due.

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Now we know why Miles stuck with the dual quarterback system so far.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I am glad we won, but you guys are a bit delusional, or maybe inebriated...burp. He did play well in the second half, but he had some major 3 and outs in the first. Let's don't get carried away.

Having said that, I too hope his "issues" were mental and the second half freed him of his demons...or at least went a ways toward doing so. I have been very critical of the quarterback "system" this year, and nothing would make me happier than to see that position, regardless of who is on the field, played at the level of we witnessed in the second half today. Geaux all the way.