JJ is the Key to This Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bandit88, Sep 5, 2010.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

we know you dont like Jefferson your opinion is hugely biased. He wasnt terrible last night. I saw improvement in his game. You highlight 2 bad plays and no good ones he made. Like I said its evident you dont like him and you have been pulling for Lee for years now. What about the holding penalties that took us out of those drives you are mentioning, not a word of that I guess that didnt happen in your eyes. Try to be objective in your opinion of him if you can, he did throw 2 huge touchdowns and a number of good passes. in case you missed those parts.

its good you are not the coach, if Lee is that much better he would be starting.

2. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Jefferson is a fine young man.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That would be the result of running a 5 yard pass play when you need 6 or more

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Just to get back on track, I didn't say anywhere in my post that Jefferson as terrible, or that Jefferson is to blame, or that Jefferson should be replaced.

What I said was - Jefferson is the key to LSU's success this year, more than anyone or any squad or any coach. This assumes Jefferson remains the QB, which I think he should and will.

LSU's defense is not going to keep scoring down below 20ppg in all likelihood. Which means LSU needs long drives that eat up at least some clock, which means Jefferson is going to have to convert on 3rd and long. Because 3rd and long is going to happen against Bama, and WVU, and Auburn, and Florida, and Miss St, etc., etc.

Maybe others need to find blame. I'm just analyzing this team. I think it will go almost exactly as JJ goes.

5. Bandit88

Execution error - nobody ran a 5 yard play, Toliver ran a 5 yard route and got busted.

6. msully

msully Founding Member

BUT HE STILL CANNOT GET THE BALL WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE , HE NEEDS TO BE IN MY MIND AT RUNNING BACK AND EACH TIME HE TOUCHES THE BALL HE HAS THE OPTION TO RUN OR THROW THE BALL OFF THE RUN .

7. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Great point. JJ's progress does not fit any standard defiinition of 'improvement'. His football IQ, decision making, and accuracy is just not at the level we need. We saw it last year and again in the spring game. Les must be delusional if he thinks JJ has improved.

8. palousetiger

palousetiger Founding Member

LSU needs a new lock (Miles) and a different key.

9. Bandit88

I'm changing my mind on this...

And this...

...but not this....

...or this...

Except to say if Jarrett Lee can play decent or better football at QB, then JJ's relevence to the season is diminished. But the jury is still out on that one.

:geauxtige:tigereye:

10. Bandit88

Still true.