JJ is the Key to This Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bandit88, Sep 5, 2010.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

JJ is the key to a most successful season. He'll make or break the season - in all reality.

However... I'm not so certain that if JL is still behind him on the depth chart next week that he's any more improved than JJ. I may be wrong, but we all remember how well Lee "competed" last year and then we saw the LAtech game. Not too good. I'm not giving up on JJ just yet, but I'm not sold on his ability. He was missing bad last night. Same thing about JL. I'm not sold on his one pass play, either. Sure it looked nice. But Lee also had a really nice pass against Auburn back in '08.

Only time will tell.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I almost fired off a reply last week, but I thought I'd wait until Jefferson showed his colors again.

8 of 20 for 96 yards, 2 fumbles, an interception, and zero TD's. That's pathetic. It's the offensive production bottleneck we can't get past.

You called me biased for recognizing that Jefferson is not an SEC-caliber quarterback. Well, if you think these stats reflect the guy who should be starting for LSU, then I call YOU biased. Lee may not be The Man either, but we'll never know until he gets a shot. I think he'll get one now. If Jefferson starts the next game with two 3 and outs, the crowd will be chanting for Lee.

And they'll get him, too.

3. armybass

armybass Founding Member

Bravo!

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I've got to agree with Red. I haven't seen consistent enough play out of the QB position. And unfortunately if JJ doesn't have it by now, I don't expect him to find it in the next couple of weeks.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

What even more alarming is the defense we played against last night is going to be one of the worst we play all year!

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I cant defend the guy anymore, he is too inconsistent.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

You are biased, Lee is not the guy either, he has proven that as much as Jefferson, you want to disregard his 2008 season and his Louisiana Tech game, but I can admit Jefferson is too inconsistent and Lee is not the guy either, as much as you pray for his redemption.

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Well, not much choice but to play one or the other until somebody decides they want the damned job. Lee may not be the answer, but he's the only other....choice....

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

So where does this leave LSU, amigo?

I believe we have no quarterback that has separated himself as an athlete and become a team leader. Yes, I'd like to see if Lee can lead better, even if he's not complete either. Maybe that's all it takes.

If not, . . . I think the coaches need to play both quarterbacks and go with whoever has the hot hand and gets the ball to his receivers and backs. It will complicate rival DC's plans if they have to defend both Jefferson in the shotgun, running draws and passing to hot receivers running Crowton's routes . . . and Lee in the I running a ball control game with I-backs running Les' power plays and drop-back passing to fast receivers in man coverage.

But they didn't ask me . . .

10. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

No question in my mind at this point....

We have seen the top end of JJ's potential and it just isn't good enough. You can say all you want about JJ being young. But watching some small parts of games with new QB's (like the Texas game with that Gilbert kid) and it is easy to see the difference in potential.