JJ is the Key to This Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bandit88, Sep 5, 2010.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

leaves us in a poor situation at the QB position, but I dont blame the two guys we are arguing about. Its on the coaching staff for not developing either guy the right way. Im tired of defending Jefferson, he has all the tools, but his mind is far away from the football field.

This year we have to depend on the defense and the running game, which was promising last night and if Lee enters the game and plays well, like the great pass he threw last night, I will back him. I back him either way he is still a Tiger.

But I cant defend Les anymore as well.

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

From Tidefans.com:

3. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

I like the sound of this. But some people say that two quarterbacks doesn't work.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Apparently Les is one of them . . .

Miles not ready for 2 QB system |

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - LSU head coach Les Miles says there's no doubt the Tigers need better quarterback play.

Miles says there's also no question who his No. 1 quarterback will be against Mississippi State on Saturday, and that's Jordan Jefferson.

Although No. 15 LSU made significant strides on defense and in the running game in a 27-3 triumph at Vanderbilt last weekend, Jefferson had 1 of the worst games of his career. The junior was 8 of 20 for 96 yards, no touchdowns and an interception.

Miles says backup quarterback Jarrett Lee has looked good enough in practice to earn consideration for playing time.

However, Miles' choice is to stick with Jefferson for now, rather than consider a two-quarterback system as this week's opponent - Mississippi State.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I can't find my post on another thread...it was before the Vandy game...but I was wondering if anyone else thought we'd be better off with Jarrett Lee running the two minute offense.

It would simplify the playbook for Jefferson and give him sideline time to view what the other team is doing defensively. It would give Jarrett Lee real game experience over the season, (unlike the La Tech game last year, which was his only appearance).

It wouldn't be a dual quarterback situation...it'd be more like the chinese bandits of old...a situational thing.

6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Last year for JJ

vs Washington: 11-19 172 yds 3 Tds
    vs Vandy: 20-29 138 yds 0 Tds
    vs ULALA: 16-25 165 yds 2 Tds
    vs State: 15-28 233 yds 2 Tds

This Year:

vs UNC: 15-21 151 yds 2 Tds
    vs Vandy: 8-20 96 yds
    vs State: ????

Lets just chalk it up to a bad game, and see if he can improve. If not, give Lee a shot.

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Can't say I blame them, but they may have cause to change their tune. Only time will tell.

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Steve. Bro. You gotta do something about your signature picture. :shock:

Not good. I rather the sliced fingers...

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Who are you talking about?

The long snapper?

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

dude your post is almost laughable

How could say with a straight face that JJ had a decent game? Or showed improvement? He hasn't hit a receiver in stride all year long it seems, and against Vandy I don't know if he had 1 accurate pass all night long.

And I HATE Jarrett Lee and hope to not see him on the field. That kid is a total disaster waiting to happen. He just needs a chance to show it.

It's JJ or bust for the LSU Tigers this season. And right now, the arrow is leaning towards bust, unless something magical happens.

We'll get a real good feel for where this season is going against Mississippi State. It will be a tough tight game into the 4th and JJ will have to make some plays for the Tigers to come out on top. If he doesn't, then all of a sudden the WV, Auburn, Arkansas games will be very hard to win, much less Florida and Alabama, which you can certainly write off as losses at that point.