JJ might play the entire MSU game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Sep 13, 2010.

1. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I am starting to wonder how much of the JJ roller coaster I can take.

I love my LSU but JJ is wearing me out and I can't defend him one more day. Half-time of the Vandy game was it. I am now a 100% JL the guy on the bench the 2nd string Baton Rouge guy.

Can't help it and I fill it 100%. I would never booooo JJ but if we get a 3 and out plus a bad 3rd down pass I can hear the Booooo's in TS Sat night right now.

bank it

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Unfortunately you are correct

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Don't put a lot of stock in what Les says on Mondays.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays either.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I wasn't going to go there. :lol:

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

U know me. :D

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If Jefferson plays the whole game it will be because he's hitting 75% and has over 250 yards passing. Otherwise Les has seen enough to get someone working in the bullpen and we will see Lee again.

8. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

If Jefferson is hitting 75%, by the time he get's to 250 yards, hopefully, we're up big and have a quarter left to see what Lee can do.

9. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

At this point, you have to look at the schedule and understand what you have as options, and when you have to decide which you will pick.

We have 3 games before Fla., Miss. St., W. Virgina, and Tenn.

If you think you will need Lee to play most of the snaps against Fla. you need him to play the game against WVU and Tenn. to get him sharp and experienced. That says to me you play each guy a half against MSU, and make your choice for the season. If you delay the choice another week, Lee would just have one game to get ready for Fla. You can do that if you HAVE to, but if you have the choice, I would be sure he had 2 starts before Fla. to improve his odds.

I have been a positiger for the last 2 years, but JJ is a junior, has 17 starts under his belt, and the offense just is not moving. The rest of the talent is there this year, o-line is better, receivers good, RB is good. And JL has shown good in the spring game and limited action on Sat. You have to give him a shot.

If JL threw a pick 6, and the offense scored at a 10 point per game higher rate, you are 3 points ahead.

Fans are frustrated to see this much talent muddle along on offense. If we don't have a better QB, it is Les and Gary's responsibility. They recruit the kids, they evaluate the talent, they say who gets the scholly, and they train them. This is a make or break year for Les and Gary, IMO. I gave them the last two years because of the RP thing, but now it is time to produce. Outside of some outstanding plays from our outstanding playmakers, we lack consistency on offense. We lack consistency in the passing game, our running game is good to go.

My advice to Les and Gary, choose carefully, a lot is on the line. Don't play Lee and you better have a straight meaningful answer to the fans why not, or you'll lose the fans you still have in your camp. A standard Les "say some words but don't convey anything meaningful" won't suffice this time.

10. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

He seems to say pretty much the same things at all of those Monday lunches... I like Les, and I'm saying that LOL