JJ might play the entire MSU game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Sep 13, 2010.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I nominate this guy for the best avatar out of the new guys !!

I can just see some drunk Tiger Fan doing exactly this to someone who is booing their own team in Death Valley.

Forget about the threat of fighting, as was suggested in the Booing thread...this is the appropriate action to take. :hihi:

Carry on...

2. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I have a bad feeling too that Miles will still lean heavy on JJ. To me, the key is for Lee to get some PT in the first half this Saturday. We must see if he has improved and how the offense looks with JL under center.

17 starts for JJ and he still looks so green. Living here in Dallas, I just can't get over the difference I see in new QB's at OU, UT, and even TT. None great yet but you see potential. And the head coaches don't have to try to convince anyone that the QB's are leaders.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

EXACTLY!!!!! - QB's at TT, OU, UT, A&M, Baylor, Houston, TCU, these kids are all Fantastic! - Most were kids that LSU didnt even look at & there are probably several more.

Why the f*ck cant we snag 1 damn good QB.

Id take the kid from South Dakota at this point!

I really hope Little Rivers comes in and turns our QB program around. Much Needed!

4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Dandy Don's take:

The third paragraph of the briefing sounds to me as if Les Miles has made up his mind that Jordan Jefferson is going to be LSU's starting quarterback the remainder of the season unless he goes down with an injury or is replaced in mop-up duty in games that have already been decided. In my opinion, Les Miles should allow Jarrett Lee to play in at least a couple of significant series each half.

makes me sad

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I think maybe Mr. Don read a different statement than I did. What I heard/read from Miles was that he was giving Jefferson a chance to pick himself up of the floor and go at it again. And, what I take from that is he's not convinced Jarrett Lee is an obvious answer, and he's also not convinced that Jordan Jefferson didn't just have "one of those days."

However, his comments about the option being a good play for LSU and one that Jefferson can run well.....I guess he sees something nobody else outside the organization itself has seen (or at least has talked about). And that comment makes me wonder if this is about Jefferson's ability, or about Miles wanting to stick to his plan.

We'll know more about 8:30 Saturday night...

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

In JJ's case this statement holds true now more than ever, "it isn't how you fall, it is how you pick yourself up when faced with adversity".

On that note if anyone watched "America's Got Talent" last nite, there is an act of a 2 12 yr old dancer kids, when they first started their act the little girl fell down the stairs ( the entire audience gasp as I'm sure the TV audience did as well), the little girl stood up and went about the rest of her routine as if nothing had happened. That is the mark of a champion. Granted she was crying when it was over, because she was upset that she messed up, but when push came to shove she perfomed as if she wasn't going to let anything stop her from showing her greatness.

That is what we need to see out of JJ.

7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

A little girl falling down the stairs????

Im just kidding, I get what you are saying and you're right.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

You got to give JL the chance but here's the question will the offense except JL as their qb

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I agree. He gave Ridley another shot and he produced. Jefferson is getting another shot to prove that the Vandy game was a fluke and that he can be productive offensively. Benching a guy can get inside their mind and Les doesn't want to do that. But a line has been drawn.

Les and Crowton know that their fortunes ride on getting a vastly improved level of offensive production and if Jefferson doesn't deliver, they are screwed. I don't think Les is going to hang his career on Jefferson.

I think Jefferson has to move the football, complete his passes and score touchdown early to keep his job. If he opens with two straight 3-and-outs and Jefferson's chance to redeem himself will be gone. No way Les will send out Jefferson for a third attempt in Tiger Stadium. There will be boos, lots of boos, and they will be for Les not for Jefferson.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Les Miles has the easiest coaching job in all of America...

All he really needs to do is just show up for the games and prepare for the post game press conference...

...after all, every Saturday night, there are over 70,000 coaches sitting in the stands that know more than he does... he just has to listen to them !!!

:hihi:

2 people like this.