JJ might play the entire MSU game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Can the offense see JL as there leader without feeling resentful of JJ 's benching. Will it give the team a spark or demoralize it

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I do not think bringing JL in the game just yet is the way to go.

I am 100% for letting JJ roll saturday atleast start the game!

if he goes 3-13 with 8 bad passes, a near int. start with 2 3-outs and forces our Offense to give up T.O.P & field position, then I am ok with giving JL a shot before the score gets out of hand.

By the way, the stats above are NOT specifics or set in stone, just scenario

We all can agree what bad JJ is bad JJ, what is normal JJ is normal JJand whats a better JJ is a better JJ

We all know what we are looking for come kick off saturday and from the interview JJ & Miles gave, they know what we are looking for as well.

My Bad, NOT specifics

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Your right. I feel the offense would want to see Jj get a chance before he is benched. The team will rally behind Jl if that happens.

4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

So you guys are hoping to see a better JJ on Sat night

does he

- take a majic pill
    - gets coached up this week
    - has a dream?
    - decides to play better

I don't get it

1 person likes this.
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

Obviously - the players and staff see something in JJ that have them excited about him and his ability to lead this team. We just havent seen it yet.

The Vandy game was the worst I have ever seen from JJ.

So are we talking an improvement from the Vandy game???

or

An improvement from last year???

After JJ plays saturday...what JJ do we compare him to - Vandy JJ or Last Year JJ?

Im think Last Year - Right, again obviously the coaches and players have seen something in him, in practice they feel he deserves the start.

And again, we dont need heisman play, we just need just enough (ie. McElroy - Last Year)

6. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I don't either. While it is nice to dream and I want him to succeed, I see no evidence that he will be one of the top 25 QB's in the NCAA. Anything less is not acceptable.

We have a contigent of fans who are very loyal, compassionate and patient. All of these are great qualities. But taken to the extreme, we end up as middle of the pack SEC team. With the talent we have recruited, this is ... not acceptable.

7. LSU_4_LIFE

JJ nor JL will end up a top 25 QB

We were above the bulk of the pack in the SEC last year, being the only team outside of Bama & UF to finish with a winning record in conference play.

Regardless of JJ or JL play - we will contend and give UF, AUB, BAMA, & ARKY - All they can handle and have legit shots at winnning each and evryone of those games.

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I can tell you this, the offense is comfortable with either one. Would anyone hate to see Jefferson benched? Yes, absolutely. But the offense (and I know this to be true) is very comfortable with JL taking snaps and they all respect him, so would it demoralize them and affect their game? I don't think it would much, if any.

But I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that Jefferson doesn't deserve to be benched permanently. I certainly don't want that. I think it's more along the lines of, if he's struggling badly for half a game, don't be afraid to put JL in to try to ignite a spark in the offense. They're two different types of QB's, and against any given opponent, one could end up being a little more effective than the other, especially if one has only completed 3 of 14 in the first half against the likes of Vandy.

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I don't understand why crowton and miles doesn't see this. Why not alternate them early to see which one would be more sucessful

10. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

That sir, is the million dollar question..