JJ situation is probably why the players has Les's back

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TIlGsEuRS, Oct 21, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Which means? I guess you'd say Archie Manning wasn't good either? :dis:

And wipe that QB cum off your mouth fore you speak to me.

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

We're only undefeated because JJ's been bailed out by either JL or the Defense... and Ridley hasn't hurt either.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Yeah like his two-headed DC fiasco in '08 when everything came to a total meltdown in War Memorial... go back to watching film Gary, you're needed else where.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Or in other words....

We are only undefeated because we haven't been beaten yet.....
    :geaux:

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

This branch of the conversation started with the discussion about "Highly Touted" QBs, and 'Ole Stupid Les' can screw up any QB situation. And therefore we're screwed because without that Highly Touted QB [HTQB] we, that means Les, are a failure.

Here's a question about stupid coaches - Are they frying Meyer in Florida right now? Because they should. The clear favorite H trophy candidate that we are playing this weekend - was a Florida guy - and Urbane let him go. I hope your not going to tell me that Newton wasn't moral enough for this Gator team. How stupid does the 3 loss no offense anointed one look now?

Highly Touted QBs are like very hot looking women; you don't know what their worth till you get in bed with them. Colt McCoy and Greg McElry were 3 star QBs; if I cared I could make a list of HTQBs that were busts. And I can make an even larger list of HTQBs that played well on loser teams.

The point - QB is one position on the team. Yes its an important position but you don't live and die by it like the NFL. If you have a coach that recruits good players in the other positions, like CLM; and he attracts good coaches, like Chief; then you can be undefeated, like LSU. And when you go through a streak were the highly rated QBs that you recruit don't work out as expected - which happens to all positions - the rest of your team can get you through. Which is were we are now. We did recruit QBs that were rated high enough that we should not be in this situation; but feces occurs. It's damn sure not perfect, it's sometimes aggravating, sometimes baffling, but we win a lot. And not many teams can say that.

I don't have a Sunshine up my ass view of Les. He's flawed, everybody is, but he's a lot better than a lot of other coaches. We are an undefeated, non thuggish team without the NCAA up our ass. I'm proud of that, its a small exclusive group to be a member of.

I don't have problems blaming Les for his FUs; but I also don't have a problem giving him credit were credit is due. That also sometimes feels like a small group to be a member of.

3 people like this.
  6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I don't care about Sabans numbers, he's a douchebag prick and not a part of LSU anymore so who gives a chit. But since you're big on numbers that substantiate your arguements, here's a few for you hot shot...

Jordan Jefferson 58 109 577 53.2 5.29 2 7 90.9
    Jarrett Lee 36 50 405 72.0 8.10 2 1 149.2

So i'll ask again, who gives us the best shot at winning? Be sure to come back when you've digested all of that.

7. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

wtf are you talking about?

Playmakers don't matter if you can't get the ball to them due to awful QB play and Defense has not been top notch every year. This is our first year back to really being DOMINATE since Pelini left.

LSU is undefeated IN SPITE OF the way Miles has handled the QB situation. He basically threw JLee in the fire too this year when he put the guy in the Tenn game and said "Here win it." So the argument that's he's trying to bring JLee along slowly to "protect him" is a pile of crap too.

The truth is, I fear, Crowton has no idea how to run the offense without a stud QB and Miles is just trying to keep the boat floating while really having no idea how to handle it either. He's been in crisis prevent mode all year and is REALLY LUCKY to be 7-0.

It's not wits, or Miles seeing something we don't see, or gameplan that's keeping Miles starting JJ. It's fear. He's afraid of giving the keys to JLee because he doesn't know what will happen, and would rather stick with the fail that is JJ because he knows what he's getting already. It's all part of his crisis prevent mode. Miles won't take a risk on offense, UNLESS HIS HAND IS FORCED (Tenn game LSU was losing - forced to bring in JLee to move the offense), because he doesn't know wtf is going on and is afraid.

1 person likes this.
  8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

As well as the Florida and McNeese State games. A few people should be sending JL gift baskets, other wise we're 5-2 and not having this conversation about the position LSU is in going in to Auburn 7-0. Anyway, nice post.

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Who cares about them? The only people truly committed to the program are the coaches and players, the rest of us are just spectators.

It's laughable that you think Coach Miles gives a rat's ass about impatient boosters or fans.

10. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Well after the Tenn game I think Miles realized that he was going to HAVE to get JLee more involved. He knew how JLee looked in practice before the Tenn game. JLee didn't develop like that on Friday night before the game. Miles was just AFRAID to use Lee until his back was against the wall and score forced him to.

I want people to also remember that without Lee we are 5 - 2. Lee WILL make a mistake and might cost us a game. But he's our best QB right now and he's who we need out on the field.