JJ to start against McNeese

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Beaux-Bo, Oct 13, 2010.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Im not a big fan of this two QB system. JJ played a solid game but its clear the players are much more comfortable and confident with Lee.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

It's a perfect opportunity for both of them to practice in front of a crowd and stay sharp. Doesn't matter to me who the "starter" is. We'll be seeing plenty of Mr. Lee I'm sure.

3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Wouldn't read too much into it. If you ask me, Miles feels equally confident in each kid right now.

4. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

I think Jarrett Lee should start and get most of the reps. I will admit Jefferson played one of his better games last week, and I could see a role for him as a short yardage QB. Also, JJ could spell Lee when he is struggling and needs to watch a series or two.

I believe the way our offense is going to take off is when we start getting the ball to our play makers - Tolliver, Randle, and Shepard. It's clear to me that Lee is the QB who is best equipped to get the ball to these guys.

I also agree that Miles is unlikely to name Lee the starter unless we lose or it becomes even more obvious that Lee should be the primary QB. I guess we should be happy that Lee is finally playing. I thought he should have been getting playing time as far back as the Vandy game when we started with 3 straight 3 and outs.

5. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

A lot of people say "Let Jefferson start, to keep the pressure of starting off of Lee"

You mean, going in with time running out and your team needing a touchdown is less pressure than startin a game?

If he can handle that, I think he can handle starting a game.

1 person likes this.
  6. kitavis

kitavis Founding Member

Doesn't matter. Some of the newfound confidence comes with the fans kinda settling in that we have a 2 qb system now.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

BULL*****!!! The confidence comes from J Lee possibly taking over this team. You AHs don't want Lee to start, and play entire games is because it will embarrass a certain titty baby on the team.

7. kitavis

kitavis Founding Member

Jefferson will start until we lose a game I think.

Looking at it from a perspective that "I lost my starting role and I am 7-0." It makes a little more sense.
    ----------------------------------------------

JJ is NOT 7-0! Lee is the reason we're 6-0, and JJ is the reason the games were close at all. fact

8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Les Miles has already stated that he is going to stick to the present plan unless things go south, and he has to recongifure. I think that point will arrive at some time in the near future, but not in the McNeese game of course. Watch for when we "get behind". When that happens, Lee will play more, because Lee has proven that he move the ball and score TDs.

You have to take your hat off to JLee for not minding the coaches taking his glory away and handing it to JJ. JJ's two running TDs, where compliments of JLee.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't understand why some people are getting so fired up over who starts the game. Both QB's need as many reps as we can get for them.

JL has looked sharper, and I think he'll play a lot, but I also don't think being the "starter" on a team as deep as ours is (everywhere but QB, that is) should be such a big area of concern.

10. Rex C.

Rex C. member

Clearly, you disagree with starting JJ at QB. We get it.

But why call everyone AH's and throw a fit about something you cannot control?

Just chill out, enjoy the game, and hope for the best.

You're too young (obviously) to be under this much stress.