JJ to start against McNeese

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Beaux-Bo, Oct 13, 2010.

1. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

maybe stop worrying about who starts, and who miles has confidence in to finish games with the outcome on the line. both weeks the answer was lee.

#potkettle#

1 person likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Correct.

If JJ reverts to his pattern of poor QB play and Lee not get the majority of the snaps at that point, then it becomes a major problem. A problem we may have to suffer through for the remainder of the season.

Just pray that JJ can "keep it together" when he is in the game (intended more for the Auburn/Bama/Arkansas games obviously).

I don't have an issue with him starting, although it also implies he gets the majority of the series, as he did vs Florida. That's the part I hope changes. Let Lee get the majority of the series after JJ starts the game. Continue to use JJ in short yardage and goal line situations.

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

+1

4. kitavis

kitavis Founding Member

It is very relevent as to who starts, and is named as the leader. This white wash, coddling of JJ is rediculous. Is JJ suicidal? I mean WTF? He's simply not good enough, and belongs at either another position, or D11. Like errybody else that isn't getting it done.

1 person likes this.
  5. islstl

that's easy enough to say, but when a potential national championship is at stake, it's a lot more complicated than that

And let's face it, we've put ourselves in prime position. It won't be easy, but the opportunity is there. The decision Les Miles makes at QB will impact this team greatly. It's probably the only area of concern on this entire team now. How he handles it and the call he makes on it goes a long way towards determining winning or losing vs Auburn, Bama and Arkansas.

It reminds me of the Bears in 06 and the famous Lovie Smith "We're 11-2 and Rex Grossman is my QB". Meanwhile, game manager Brian Griese rotted on the bench, as well as any chance the Bears had of winning a Super Bowl.

6. Rex C.

Rex C. member

You obviously think Les Miles has an ulterior motive in playing JJ at QB.

If it's not about football, then step up and tell us...what's his motive?

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Finally! A subject you have some expertise in.

8. kitavis

kitavis Founding Member

It ain't because he can play quarterback, Mr Garvey.

9. islstl

You make a great point here.

And that leads me to believe JJ starting could have much more to do with Les Miles' loyalty to these kids. He'll go down with the ship if he has to, to keep that loyalty in tact it would seem.

Let's hope that doesn't end up being the case.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No it's not, because what you haven't thought of, is maybe Lee is more comfortable coming in off the bench. Like the 6th man in basketball. Maybe Lee is Detlef Schrempf. It could possibly take alot of pressure off the kid. Pressure he felt in 08 from people who dog quarterbacks, kind of like....well kind of like you... I think I will let a professional head coach make those decisions.