JJ to start against McNeese

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Beaux-Bo, Oct 13, 2010.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Learn to spell and you'll come across as less of a dumbass. You'll still come across as a dumbass of course, just less of a dumbass.

1 person likes this.
  2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He agrees with him.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

What I don't understand is this:

Jarret Lee is clearly still being punished for propensity for throwing interceptions in 2008. Meanwhile, Jefferson has turned into his very own interception machine THIS YEAR, yet his happy ass continues to go trotting out there at the beginning of drives (which, universally result in 0 points for the offense). What am I missing? Whatever "improvement" he may have shown in the Florida game was tremendously overshadowed by Lee's performance.

JJ needs to be the one relegated to mop-up duty. His complete lack of productivity and turnover rate continually put us in holes. If LSU drops a game this year, you can all but guarantee that it will be b/c he dug us too deep of a hole to climb out of.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Florida has a good defense.

LSU dominated Florida's defense with a 2 QB system.

I don't like it (the 2 QB system) all that much. But I'm gonna STFU about it.

Because I spend exactly zero time with Jordan and Jarrett, and the dudes that spend a lot of time with them, and watch way more film than any of us, are winning with a 2 QB system.

2 people like this.
  5. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Makes one think of Billy Kilmer or Billy Ezell... He just isn't in Kilmer's league.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

While I do agree with you, it was more of a response to a certain poster that is taking this entirely tooo seriously.

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Thank you

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

learn how to spell? how rediculous.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Honestly, I would rather Lee be the starter, but unlike you, I know what Jefferson's value is.

It also makes opposing coaches have to game plan for both. If you were even an LSU fan in 08, i bet you were screaming for Jefferson.

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, but the whole basis for our "Two Quarterback System" is predicated on the idea that one guy gets you down the field, and the other one gets you in the end zone. There isn't an effective offensive game plan in existence that revolves around one QB doing diddley-poo, and the other guy saving your ass when you need it. Our 2 QB system has been effective IN SPITE of Jefferson's inabilities, not because of his percieved super powers.

In other words, we did not statistically maul Florida because JJ was starting drives that nearly all ended in a punt or a turnover. We did so STRICTLY because the offense is virtually unstoppable with Lee in at QB. There is not a defensive coordinator in the country that has to make all sorts of special provisions for when Jefferson drops back to pass. His effectiveness near the goal line is a different story. But it does us absolutely no good when we're 80yds out to have him take snaps.

That is my gripe. If they insist on using him near the EZ, fine. But good grief, how many times do we have to fail to sustain a drive before the JJ experiment dies?