JJ Watt locked up NFL MVP?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Dec 28, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

first with b2b 20+ sack seasons. and a safety which almost sealed their game.

team not in playoffs but i think he deserves it.

who was the last defensive mvp? LT i guess.

beckhams been a lock for ROY. maybe he should get mvp as well since he missed 4 games.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Watt should get it, but they'll give it to Rodgers. Correct on LT. There's only been one other defensive player to win it. (Alan Page). Correct about Beckham too with ROY. What he did was phenomenal. Wish he would have been that dominant while he was here.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
    Bengal B likes this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Rodgers will win it.

I am shocked that Romo did not get more attention paid to him for MVP, especially the way the Cowboys played in December.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I agree. Romo has been quietly outstanding. He carried the Cowboys, and showed a lot of poise and toughness in doing so. I have never once in my lifetime rooted for the 'Boys, but this year I found myself doing so, and primarily because the way Romo carried himself on and off the field. He has really matured. Finally. And, as you say, he had a great DEC, despite his back injury.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Romo gained my respect this year. Never thought I would see the day. It probably helped that he was my fantasy QB for much of the year.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I have never liked the Cowboys but felt Romo was unfairly criticized at times.

He was one of my QBs on my fantasy team this year also. I was 6 pts down when he re-injured his back on MNF. His backup threw a TD immediately. I cursed Romo and told myself I'd never have him on my team again.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I had him as just gravy. Because of his lack of respect from most I was able to get him in the 10th round. I believe he was 6th in fantasy points in our league this year and I got him at like the 15th QB taken.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I started 0-3 in fantasy but battled and clawed back to playoff contention until Romo's Monday night injury.

I think Rodgers will/should win it unless they try to make a Peyton/Woodson type of statement.

Watt winning it would be cool though. When I watch Texans games, my eyes are focused on him every defensive play and he almost always disrupts something. If they had snuck into the playoffs, maybe...