JJ will start against Auburn!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 21, 2010.

1. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

For Auburn fans, this should be your happiest moment of the week right here.

I told you the way Miles was talking that he was going to start JJ. The only reason I can think of this is that he wants to bring JLee in the game after the first couple of series so the initial game jitters have passed.

He also might think wasting a few series with JJ let's Lee play comfortable because he can say to himself, "There's no way I can play worse than that kid."

JJ better really step up this weekend. We can't have 5 wasted chances on offense and still expect to win.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As LSU fans we can only hope that JJ's play is limited to specialty plays designed for him. Plays we really haven't seen yet. If we get the JJ that busted open an 83 yd TD run and the JJ that played against UF, save the costly int, then we will be fine. Unfortunately I just don't see it. Here's to hoping, praying, and contacting the "Chicken Lady " for all the extra mojo we can get. People get on your knees or phones, but contact somebody for help.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Folks, if you are frustrated by Les, picture the Auburn defensive coaches trying to practice this week. They ain't buying the story that Jefferson will start, but had damn well better be prepared for him so they have to practice for both QB's. They have no idea who Les is going play. They are getting in fewer reps in both pass and run defense. Worse they are focusing on the quarterback when the threats are at wide receiver and running back.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Red as much as I can agree with that the problem is that the O doesn't seem to play as hard for JJ as they do JL. I just don't think they are as confident when he is in as opposed tovwhen JL is in.

5. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I don't buy for one second that Auburn is frustrated by what JJ might do.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

you do realize that this is the same team that JJ had a career game against last year right? They know what Jefferson can do when he is clicking. Only problem is he hasn't been that guy this season, but you have to prepare for what he can do.

7. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I agree and it's not that hard to see!

J. Lee should walk out and take the first snap! end of story

8. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Very important point here. I guess my point should have been that these supposed mind games that Les is playing are pointless if we rotate QBs.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I wish that I could get on board with this line of thinking, but Jefferson presents no threat of any kind that Auburn needs to prepare for (at least to the opponents; he is a serious threat to LSU).

Les needs to quit spending so much damn time trying to mess with people's heads and just do the damn thing that works. He's not fooling anybody but himself.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

they still have to prepare for both though. and that could be the ONLY benefit we have.