JJ will start against Auburn!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Not really. He has above average speed for a QB. But his propensity for bad decision-making and turning the ball over far outweigh any running abilities that he has. Also, as has been shown on this board multiple times, our rushing average is higher with Lee in the game (think un-stacked box).
    Again, I don't see anything that Jefferson will make them prepare for. Three-and-outs, fumbles, and interceptions, maybe. But those don't take a lot of preparation.
    No, he needs to do what has been shown to work. Adding in a completely ineffective and sometimes detrimental dimension to our offense is not the kind of wrinkle you want to throw in. It's like he's never content to simply go with what's been working.

We're fooling ourselves if we think the Auburn DC (?) is staying up late at night wondering how to prepare for Jefferson. JJ is not Dennis Dixon, Tim Tebow, or even Ryan Perilloux. He is nothing more than wasted drives.

2. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

Lets make this more interesting...AU gets the ball first and scores a TD...

Do you put JJ or Lee in?

I think Lee should start no matter what but if we are down by TD after the opening kickoff I think Lee should go in because statistically he offers us the best change to put points on the board.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Lee should start every drive unless he falters badly. Jefferson should come in only for some specific short-yardage situations if Lee is healthy and rolling.

4. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

Dude...how about laying off the attacks on Miles until he loses ONE game this year..........you are a constant broken record of negativity, that you try to pass off as being realistic. The fact is being realistic....we are 7-0!

As for Auburn, they are doing what they should do and preparing for both QB's to play.....this does not change anything for them.

5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

wow

it took some doing but now you see the light

can you give Les a call?

6. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

wow the Miles hate is coming strong today.

7. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I have no Miles hate

I have I don't understand why JL can't start concerns

Love coach and what he does

that doesn't equal I am in 100% agreement

8. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

On the other side, those that are not bashing Miles do not necessarily love all of his decisions. I would prefer to see Lee start and play the whole game, but it is hard to second guess a 7-0 coach, so I will not bash him for his decision.
    It is REAL easy to bash him every single week and just wait to say....see I told you so after a loss. You could call it the "Herbstreit Program", where eventually some ahole will be correct. If we happen to win out (unlikely still) they are simply a large group of aholes that will act like they never had a doubt and will be flying their new National Championship banners while complaining that we cant seem to win 2 in a row because our coach is a dumbass.
    It's true, if you don't believe that, there are Bama fans calling in to Finebaum saying they should not start McElroy and to fire their Offensive Coordinator.
    God is Great, Beer is good, and People are CRAZY!

9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Oh God, Thats Funny!!!

10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I think Lee has earned the start, I still think Lee will get most of the snaps Saturday. Unless JJ comes out on fire.