JLee option run vs JJ option run in the mud bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by StreetDiction, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Against LA Tech, the Tigers "didn't fail to finish first"

2. Purple Tiger1

Purple Tiger1 Founding Member

I suspect Crowton runs the option to keep the defense honest as LSU's OL could not protect the passer. The option keeps the defense honest as if caught in the wrong blitz,you give the offense an easy touch down.

A mix of option gives problems to a defense when preparing for an opponent.
    McCoy was hurt trying to run the option against Bama when he got hurt The threat of the option keeps the Bama defense wary of blitzing.

Some of you guys check with your friends who are coaches if you are not one yourself.

3. StreetDiction

StreetDiction Gary Crowton Hater

ha, I don't have to be a coach to know don't run the option with J Lee. Flynn and Perilloux ran the option well, but JJ and JL are not option runners. How about running the option with Shep instead of running the exact same play with him every time.

If you're talking about keeping the defense honest, then throw a pass with Shep. I can argue all day (as a non coach) if you want to defend Gary.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'll defend Crowton.

Being the type of person who looks at the big picture, I think you should look at the bottom line. How does LSU stand in the offensive rankings compared with all the other division I teams for the last two years?

Wow, (112). really? Out of 120? Are you sure?

Never mind.
    (Oh well, uncle Gary....at least I tried !!) :huh:.

1 person likes this.