JOB expected to announce that he's going pro at 2pm presser

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 1, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Charles Barkley talks about this all the time

2. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

I will say they are teaching the new kids better these days. They have things in place through the union to try and get the athletes to be smarter with their money etc. Not saying it's gonna work, but it's a far cry from the Walker and Pippen era.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

not sure, but had to be in the first or second if he decided to opt out....can't remember how NBA draft goes but don't they only have a few rounds that are guaranteed contracts? way out of my territory here so, at best, based upon my best recollections

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

2 rounds. Only first round gets gauranteed contracts. Most second round picks end up in the D leaugue for a few years, and may get a couple of ten days during the season. LSU's second round picks in the last ten years have all fared pretty well. Bass, Davis, and Thornton are all having nice pro careers. Hell even Garrett Temple has managed to stick in the league, and Chris Johnson is constantly moving between the D League and the Association, though he hasn't caught a contract this season.

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

perfect, thanks Supa.....like the guys you mentioned I think JOBIII will have a good career as long as he stays out of drugs and trouble. I think he has a good head on his shoulders, or at least seems to, and will do well in the pros.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I never thought JOB had an NBA game although he showed a lot of improvement this year so hopefully he proves me wrong. He was big enough at the college level to own the paint at times but I don't know if he'll be able to do that at the NBA level.

Even if he never sticks in the NBA, he'll have a lot of options to play professionally over the next decade. The D-League pays peanuts but has a lot of scouts from the NBA paying close attention to player development. However, if I was in JOB's situation, I might try to play in Europe. It would be quite an experience at that age, travelling to historic cities. Pay can be much better than the D-League. Also, in today's information age, NBA scouts will know if you're doing well and worthy of an NBA contract in a couple of years.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The 1 and done rule may be the worst of all sports. Yes I know JOB isn't in that category but another year wouldn't hurt him.

What's the word on Mickey?

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

The single reason that I don't give a shit about college basketball anymore. It's been absolutely ruined by the 1 and done.

TigerTap, Winston1 and shane0911 like this.