Joe McKnight shot dead in Terrytown

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In white satin?

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

This is ridiculous! It seems you're looking for an excuse to justify the shooting. I'm all for the 2nd amendment and the freedom to carry. However this doesn't seem to be about rights but more about anger management by both parties. Joe shouldn't have been arguing at an intersection but Gasser has a history of road rage and IMO shouldn't have been allowed to carry with that record. I'm more than willing to wait for the report from the JPSO before going further.
    I have a problem with people openly carrying guns in public. It doesn't make me feel safer when I see someone carrying in a store or other public. Too often we see events like what happened here rather than a time the gun was used to stop a violent crime. There are too many Dirty Harry wannabes and others who don't control their emotions or impulses. We forget that public safety is not based on vigilante justice but the faith of the public in the justice system. We need that now.

3. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

What record? He had no record. He had a charge for simple battery that was dismissed.

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

As mentioned, Gasser beat some dudes ass just a few years ago in basically the same location.

I'm not saying McKnight isn't at fault either, but Gasser clearly has a history of issues. The shooting, at least up to that point should not have happened.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

l
    Unless there are impartial and reliable witnesses we will never know the full truth even after the JPSO report.
    I just pointed out a possible scenario in which Gasser could have feared great bodily harm

Frogleg likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Read the article...he has a past whether he as tried and convicted or not.

7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

but you said he shouldn't have been allowed to carry with that record? are you saying charges should be sufficient to bar having a gun? Even misdemeanor charges?

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Easy podna, we all have a past, now, don't we? Next thing you're going to be all in on that no fly list bullshit.

GregLSU likes this.
  9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Just saw a video of the two cars directly from behind, about 100+yards. Gasser's vehicle was positioned properly, in the right lane of a 2 lane highway, stopped at a red light. Joe's vehicle is out of position, to the right of Gasser, quite close, and extended well beyond the proper boundaries of the right turning lane. It's quite clear that arriving at that location that Joe was the aggressor.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

How can you tell who the aggressor was because of where the vehicles are positioned? That's speculatory.