Joe McKnight

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tygrr, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

He's got a girlfriend in Cali, so it appears to be a USC-LSU battle over him. I like LSU's chances. He's not a lock, but I expect him to be a tiger.

Pete has supposedly told Joe they want him to be a Reggie Bush type player (as have we), but then told someone else (Blackwell maybe?) they wanted to use Joe as a cornerback... which seems to bode well for us if there is some confusion over what position he would play there.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

This kid and K. Williams in the same backfield. Can you say Ronnie/Caddy part two?

4. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

I think our chances are very good. I would say about a 70% chance we will get him. In the early part of recruiting we were not leading but we have made up lots and lots of ground. I thruthfully think in the end we get 95% of the players we offer in LA this year. and this year is a banner year.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Absolutely. You know it is a banner year when we can afford to not offer 4 & 5 star players from the state.

6. clair

clair Rockets

let's just hope a 4 or 5 star hurricane does't scatter them all across the south, like last year :bncry:

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Ahmade Paige (a 5 star according to Scout) - even though it appeared to me he had been offered a scholarship officially, rivals still says he has not.

Ole Miss commits, Alex Williams & Drake Nevis, are both 4 star recruits from La, and do not have official scholarship offers.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Tiger Bait lists him as a probable for LSU, along with Toliver. I hope so, but it may be too much to hope for. I don't know what TB is basing its opinion on.

9. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

paige will not get an offer if his grades don't improve. He also will be moved down when the rankings are revised. same with rivals.

Nevus will prolly get an offer and will end up being a tiger if he does. he has already crawfished a little about his commit to OM.

Williams is a complete mistery. Nobody knows how good he is. If he gets an offer it will be late in the year, so Im not real sure about him. The coaching staff refuses to offer based on a Soph film were he didn't look that great. If he loses some fat and gets in good shape and shows something the first few games then he will get an offer but like I said it could be too late. Thats the only one I see us losing.

Only others that we could lose that we have offered would be Joe and Blackwell. Which both are must haves. well as much as one player can be.I still think we get both of those though.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Considering that he's announcing his decision in less than a month, I doubt he can improve his grades by then. He will commit to Florida St.

I think we get both those guys. Jason Peters is my main concern because I think we are in for a harder battle with him, although he's not as big of a get as either of those 2.