Joe was badly injured ... Torn Rib Cartilage

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RamahRising, Jan 15, 2020.

1. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Great Post lotsa fans took this for granted because we tend to be fat dumb and lazy down here ... Kid went back and excelled when all others INCLUDING LAWRENCE would Quit

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Stop it. It's the natty and I'd hazard a guess not 1 single player on the field would have thought about coming out for the same. Not taking anything away from Joe because he easily could have been off on his play and yet, he played like a stud regardless. But players, last game, the ship... body parts get sacrificed. Joe is just better than most

3. msully

msully Founding Member

Two games in a row clean hits?

4. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

I've had that injury. Hurts like hell. You (at least I could) can function at a reduced level for about 6 hours after and then it gets really bad. The next few days were pure hell.It got better slowly after that but it hurt for 3 weeks. I can't imagine trying to throw with it.
    Joe is a tough young man.

HoopHound likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think they really need to look at this rule. Had it been the same way but Queen or Phillips we'd be saying it was a football play.

Penalty...sure but tossing kids out of the game on a close play like that is a bit much. Let's not forget Devin White. Yes I know the plays weren't even close to the same but this rule has bitten us more than once. I don't like it.

didit, fanatic, StaceyO and 1 other person like this.
  6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think they will address it in the next year or two.

They need two variations, one is a 15 yard penalty like the Clemson game and the other is an ejection like the OU game vs CEH. Easy distinction.

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I would absolutely agree with this. I don't for a minute believe that Clemson kid was trying to spear JJ or that it was even a dirty play. Its freaking football! I'd have been pissed if that was an LSU player. We lost someone in a game last year, maybe Delpit where he clearly came in lower than the head and the offensive guy lowered his.

That's the distinction I want them to make, just like @islstl said, if it's a football play 15yds or make them sit a series or 3 plays but not out of the game.

8. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Yeah, Joe will go to do the physical and interviews most likely. No drills, to risky.