John Allen Williams

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mr. Wonderful, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

Let us all agree to set a few ground rules for any future posts concerning the sniper in the DC area. First, the gentleman and is stepson arrested today are innocent until probably violations of their constitutional rights falsely show them to be guilty. Second, but foremost, let's agree to refer to the older gentleman as Mr. Williams as opposed to what he changed his last name to. Lets keep the anti-Muslim sentiment off this board.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

1. You can discuss the established facts in the case without alleging guilt toward them.

2. Mohammed is not a name given to him by others, IT IS THE NAME HE CHOSE FOR HIMSELF. Referring to the accused as Mr. Mohammed is not being anti-arab, it is referring to him by his own chosen name.

Otherwise, IF the ballistics from the rifle found in Mr. Mohammed's car do match the bullets found in the victims, I think it is an open and shut case. IF that happens I will not clarify his title with the word "alleged". I will assume his guilt without fear of libel - if he is later found to be innocent, he can feel free to sue me.

3. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Hey Ellis and TigerSaint, GOOD POSTS!!

You guys may have just turned the corner, one good post in a row for each. ;-) Although I wait until ALL the evidence is in, in regards to Ellis's statement about the defendants essentially being toast if the ballistics come back as a match, I would hate to be the guys' lawyers if that occured. When you have fingerprints and bullet matching, that pretty much sews it up. And Tigersaint's statement about bombing Jamaica because the accused son is a Jamaica national WOULD be valid except that Jamaica never 'tried to kill my daddy'. See, the difference between wanting to bomb Iraq (no proven ties to al Qaeda) and not threatening to bomb Saudi Arabia (umteen ties to al Qaeda including citizenship of hijackers, money trails leading back to Saudi sources, etc.) is that Saddam Hussein was the one who made George Herbert Walker Bush look like a fool. Bush is on the "winning" side but LOSES the election and now his little boy is forced to reface the Saddam issue. Thus, unless someone can show that Jamaica or that kid in particular "tried to kill my daddy", I think the island can continue their successful drug business without fear of bombs falling. ;-)

4. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Mr. W....

What if there is video of the sniper...?

5. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Sorry, but I understand the press corps is too busy

TUWho, I have in on good information that Jamaica will not be another Grenada. Bonzo was fortunate in that the press corps were looking for an exotic getaway, and the Caribbean sounded too good to be true. A little battlefield engagement would just sweeten the pot in their minds. Little did they know that scorpions would be the most formidable enemy encountered, and that Bonzo had exaggerated the foreign forces on Grenada. Bonzo hoped to have some real beach resistance and maybe get a Patton style newsreel out of it, you know multiple takes, waves lapping at the GI's trousers, but land crabs and scorpions just don't photograph well (what can I say). And there is the sticky issue that American business actually have some interests in Jamaica -- the cardinal rule of GOP foreign policy is 'if American business exists, we must resist". Johnny Cochran, eat your heart out.

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

According to press releases I've just read, the rifle is a ballistics match to the bullets removed from all the victims.

They're toast.

7. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Not to mention the fingerprint match

They have fingerprints from items in the convenience store related to the shootings in Montgomery, Alabama, and Malvo's prints are also on one of the notes posted in the latest series of shootings. So, you have a ballistics match and fingerprint matches from multiple crimes. This one will even be easier to prosecute than Terry Nichols or Timothy McVeigh.

8. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Tom, no truer words have ever been said than yours: "I would hate to be the guys' lawyers if that occured".

Not even the media whores Johnnie Cochran or Alan D. will touch this one. Not even an unknown looking to make a name for his/herself would want to do it this way. Not with this much physical evidence. At least Johnnie C had OJ's celebrity status to throw a monkey wrench into common sense. These guys have no hope. But if the reports are true, then true justice will be served by their (fair and legal) prosecution, conviction, and execution.