John Bel Edwards LMAO

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jan 26, 2016.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I can't really comment on it because I don't have time to pay attention to La politics. I would be willing to bet that there is another solution was all I was saying, why none has been offered is out of my control.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

And I'm telling you, there is no other solution. I agree, raising taxes should be the last thing we do but we just don't have any other way to get the immediate funds. Now that I think about it, that's probably why he proposed a sales tax. You can get that money in quicker than an income tax.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Raising sales taxes is not the only thing he is proposing. He is proposing increasing personal income tax, alcohol, tobacco, telephone, internet sales, eliminating federal tax deductions, rental car tax, short term rental tax, as well as the sales tax.

LINK

Our Constitution must be changed so that Higher Education does not continue to bear a disproportionate share of budget cutbacks. Edwards campaigned on being friendly to higher ed. Do you remember the ad with his wife, the longtime educator, saying there was no way he would cut higher ed? In his second week in office he proposes cutting 61 million to LSU alone!

His excuse? He didn't realize how bad the situation was. All politicians are the same. The say whatever it takes to get them elected, then they reveal their true colors.

All of the protected monies in this state need to be looked at and should be just as vulnerable as education is.

TwistedTiger and LaSalleAve like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

See this I agree with and if you want to jump on Edwards start with this. He campaigned on not making cuts to healthcare and education and what is he doing? Making cuts to healthcare and education because he is saying he didn't know how bad it was. That's fucked up IMO.

KyleK likes this.
  5. mobius481

They all lie. Vitter would have done the same thing. It was obvious taxes were going up and we'd still have to make cuts. Edwards knew exactly how bad it was. He just chose to lie because that's what you have to do to win. You tell people the truth and the reality of the situation and you don't get elected. The other guy, the one who's lying his ass off, will win the election. And why? Because people are stupid. I see it all the time. I made a proposal to someone on a project recently and lost it to someone else who told him he would have it done faster and cheaper. In the end, it was slower and more expensive. People are lazy and go with what they want to hear. Hell look at Jeb Bush. He tells trump the reality of his idiotic proposals and he gets booed. Why? Because he knows how hard it would be to round up 13 million illegals. But people don't want to hear that, so they vote for Trump. Those same people would be stunned when he doesn't round up 13 million and doesn't build a wall on Mexico's dime. But if you have half a brain, you already know these things.

Winston1 and mctiger like this.
  6. mobius481

I forgot to mention that @KyleK is right. We have to change the constitution to get any reasonable relief for higher ed and health.

7. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Edwards also campaigned against the exorbitant salaries of Jindal's cabinet when the state is in such poor fiscal shape but most of his cabinet members will make the same except for the one's that are getting raises. But hey, all politicians lie right so don't blame Edwards for governing opposite of what he campaigned on.

TwistedTiger and LSUTiga like this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I already crucified him for talk of removing the 20 hour work mandate. People who are willing to to at least that should not get SHIT. That's pure and simple the definition of free-loadin mother phuckers. Even a got dam cat won't hunt for mice if you feed it.

TwistedTiger likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I like that, I'm gonna use that one, the cat thing. I'll credit you.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Nah, you take the cred. I'm not like that. I much prefer being the behind the scenes guy than glamour and glory. Cides, I didn't make that up. I heard one of my uncles say that once.