John Brady costing himself the stretch run, and he can't explain it on live radio...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 26, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

He is told on air after the game that he used 7 players-the ENTIRE GAME-and he, quite literally, had no earthly idea that he had forced his players to log so many minutes...

Literally had no explanation, said, "We did what we wanted to do." and goes into coachspeak...Give me a break...You could have inserted Lazarre into there at one point or another...You could have gotten at least a breather for Bass or Davis at some point...Or rotate them both out and extend Lazare's minutes if he's not a liability aganist the opponent...

Bottom line, when you all wonder about teams running us out of the gym and away from us, and you wonder why all those teams love to go up-tempo against us, you'll know why...

That our coach doesn't even realize he's running his own team into the ground. A coach who is awestruck and has no response when he finds out he only rotated 7 men into a Division One major conference basketball program's game...

When we don't have the legs, do you guys think he'll be as confused as he was tonight? I heard it in his voice...Anyone who listened did...He was dumbfounded, and had no explanation other than to say he had to do a better job of getting other players into the game...Admitting his own damn mistakes...

Get ready for more of the same...a stretch run swoon followed by a late push...More consistent inconsistency from a coach who can't even figure out his own substitution pattern, nor can he explain it.

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

But we won?

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

youre right, but nothing has happened yet. chill. when the legs turn rubbery, when they lose a couple games they shouldnt----all while lazare was still on the bench----then gripe.

btw, if youre gonna gripe about this, the first thing you should mention is lazare himself. he's generally held his own, and he's lost pt from last year. i feel bad for him, but he's still got a lot of time.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

Re: John Brady costing himself the stretch run, and he can't explain it on live radio

i get the impression TE doesnt like brady.

you think brady overused a small group of guys, and presumably that would mean they were too tired to finish, but didnt they come from behind in the second half to win? in fact didnt they eat up a 10 point deficit and win by 10, effectively swinging 20 points in their favor in the final 10+ minutes? that doesnt sound like a team playing tired.

you are an odd sort of fan, finding things to complain about after SEC wins.

i wouldnt worry about the team tiring. nba players play far far more minutes a week, and they are not even 19 years old.

5. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

Re: John Brady costing himself the stretch run, and he can't explain it on live radio

Martin I agree w/you that 19 year olds have more energy/endurance than those older. However, if you were at the games like TE and myself, you'd see our entire team, doubled over, holding their shorts at any dead ball (with about 8 minutes to go in a half). Side note: Lazarre should get more pt - his defense has really improved this year.

6. jef443

jef443 Founding Member

I completely disagree with you saying they are getting run into the ground. Bass and Davis both want (and will) play in the NBA very soon. That schedule, unlike the NCAA, is an 81 game schedule where the games are 48 minutes instead of 40. If they can't play 35 minutes a game for 30 games in the NCAA, they've got problems.

7. friday

friday Founding Member

once again, instead of looking at the big picture many people around here seem enthralled with an SEC win. Believe me, I was quite pleased that we were able to gut out an ugly win, but I think TE may be looking at the big picture while others seem to think a win is a win. If you don't think that a predominately 7 man rotation is going to have an effect on this team down the stretch, you're mistaken. furthermore, this gets back to whether brady is fit to run this program. a coach needs to know whether it's by his assistants log or his own, how many minutes these players are on the court. that's all part of manging the program effectively - it's the little things that separate a 500 team from a tourney team. think about the little things that saban always preached at LSU. there's a fine line between success and medicority and it's little things like this that separate the two.

8. BMoney

BMoney Founding Member

I'll take that. Last year we didn't even get the late push.

:lol:

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I do think we need to have much more than a 7 man rotation for sure but I don't agree with playing guys too many minutes. Hell, The Celtics coaches couldn't get Bird, Kevin M. and the Chief off the floor in boston and they were in their 30's. These guys can go and compete and we need to get as amny minutes out of Bass and Big Baby as possible or we'll get whooped every game.

Lazzare has impressed some of you? That's surprising from what I have seen and read. But Brady does need to use his bench more for the simple reason every team needs depth and some scoring off the bench. Bobby Cremins used an at most 8 man rotation at GA Tech just about every season and it alwys hurt him come playoff time.

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

You need to apply for Brady's job once you get him run off, TE. You seem to have all the answers. Maybe YOU can fix things.