John Brady costing himself the stretch run, and he can't explain it on live radio...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 26, 2005.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i respectfully disagree, big time.

oh, and dale didnt retire so respectfully

2. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Same game. I remember Nikita Wilson was unstoppable in the second half, if Brown continue to let that team play no way they lose .

3. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

What do you disagree with? That Knight is a complete jerk? Would you really want your kid playing for him? What was the name of the kid (Neil Reed?) that Knight choked in practice? Even Indiana Univ., where the guy was a legend and won what, 3 NC's, couldn't allow him to continue w/ his garbage. You're right, as an X's and O's basketball coach, Knight had Dale beat. As a person, I'll take Dale. I will agree that at a certain level Knight is a great basketball coach, you can't argue w/ his record. I just have always gotten tired of the Dick Vitale's of the world kissing Knight's A like he's the second coming. BTW, if Dale did not retire gracefully, that's the fault of the LSU community and not him, what more could the guy do?

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i dont disagree that knight is a jerk, or that knight is a better xs and os coach, and certainly not that Vitale is annoying. however, id rather have had knight as a coach. i wouldnt mind him coaching my son either. a significant # of La high school coaches do stuff just as bad. you cant avoid everything. anyway, he cared about the kids in some ways--he had a great grad rate. oh, and he didnt cheat. but i understand your point of view

5. Chris M

Chris M Founding Member

18 years on I still can't believe Knight didn't get a technical for that. How can a head coach with Knight's reputation go to the scorers and actually BREAK a telephone during the game and not get T'd up?? I bet Dale was pissed. I give anything to watch a video of that game....

Chris

6. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Yep, he took the air out of the ball and slowed it down. Knight had him right where he wanted him with that move and his "freak offense". If Fess Irwin would have just hit those FT's .....:po: