John Brady costing himself the stretch run, and he can't explain it on live radio...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 26, 2005.

1. jwb0581

jwb0581 Founding Member

The thing is, Brady was coaching to win. Let the 7 guys rest during a game that's not competitive. We had to have that win.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Re: John Brady costing himself the stretch run, and he can't explain it on live radio

I really think that people around here are misguided concerning the talent of our bench players. While it's true that our attrition has been hurtful, it isn't as if we have all this talent on the bench that isn't getting playing time. Lazare and Koundjia were absolute garbage in the few minutes that they did play, and it's pretty obvious to this point that Wolfert, Maravich, et al are just not SEC players.

All this will change with the 2005-06 class coming in. Let's hope we get a new coach before that happens.

3. -T-

-T- Founding Member

do yall not remember the days when dupree, bashera, temple, bright, and roland played nearly the entire game every game early in the season while guys on the bench would get 2 minutes? brady ran up the score on some teams and could have easily put in bench players, but didn't. when the tigers lost 4 or 5 games to close out the season, brady's excuse....players being tired. the guy has no clue. i remember tigereducated being a die-hard brady supported back then. :)

4. jwb0581

jwb0581 Founding Member

But I think what some people are missing is the fact that our bench is very lacking in talent. Maybe it's Brady's fault for not recruiting better, but the bottom line is that we had to win last night and we weren't going to do it by giving Jason Maravich 15 minutes of PT to spell Mitchell.

5. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

Josh Maravich

6. friday

friday Founding Member

my question is what is up with lazarre? He showed some promise last year and this year he barely sees the floor. this guy should be on the court around 15 mins a game.

7. jwb0581

jwb0581 Founding Member

Exactly my point. Only one person noticed I misspelled his name.:yelwink2:

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Originally Posted by -T-
    do yall not remember the days when dupree, bashera, temple, bright, and roland played nearly the entire game every game early in the season while guys on the bench would get 2 minutes? brady ran up the score on some teams and could have easily put in bench players, but didn't. when the tigers lost 4 or 5 games to close out the season, brady's excuse....players being tired. the guy has no clue. i remember tigereducated being a die-hard brady supported back then.

I have read this entire thread and these are 2 of the better posts I agree with.
    Please notice I don't go to certain threads around here and bash Brady.
    It sure seems like Brady has no clue if you ask me when it comes to the all around job of being a bigtime SEC coach.

Why is it we have very little depth on this team?

1) recruiting, IMO he has recruited just enough to get by and thats about it.
    I don't understand why he didn't recruit some of those players that left the
    state last year and went to basketball schools.

2) Brady has run off some of the depth why?
    Because he apparently has trouble dealing with his players.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

A win is a win mind you but I'm more interested in the bigger picture.
    1)What will this team do down the stretch?

2)How will we play against Bama the second time or the rest of the SEC
    schedule?

3)Will we have a winning record?

I read every game thread and go through most threads related to the subject here.
    I'm more interested in the overall picture of the LSU program.
    What is Brady's overall record in the SEC?
    Dale Brown got us to the dance for an unbelievable # of years, I want a chance for the same again.
    Enough excuses we heard all of them last year!

This tells the real story if U ask me.
    Heres hoping for a real good run for the rest of the season for this team and
    or a new coach next year hopefully.

9. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

Brady is 45-72 all time in SEC play

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

That should tell the Brady supporters and the Bashers something then, shouldn't it?