John Brady costing himself the stretch run, and he can't explain it on live radio...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 26, 2005.

1. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

P.S., oh by the way ...

the Tigers won.

What was it Jets' coach Herm Edwards said, "You play to win the game..."

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Re: P.S., oh by the way ...

they didn't against Kentucky, Houston or West Virginia.
    Please see my post 2 posts above.

If you play to win the game then you aren't doing a very good job with a
    45-72 record in SEC play.

maybe thats why the Jets always choke!

3. friday

friday Founding Member

sdough-
    The two most important words which you used are "big picture". as I've said a number of times recently, it's not about a win here and there, going 8-8 in the SEC. it's about the overall health of the basketball program. I don't see brady as the type of coach it takes to lead this program. he lacks the necessary interpresonal skills to keep this team together as a cohesive unit and has problems dealing with the refs and the media. you've got to have these critical skills to coach in a big time baasketball conference like the SEC.

4. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

The point is, it makes no sense to criticize a coach right after a win. I mean, what the heck is he supposed to do? He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. HELLO ... his team won the game! Isn't that the objective? Maybe your point is that, after the season is over, and you weigh the wins against the losses, and you weigh in the players quitting the team, etc., etc., maybe the state of the program isn't so good and you need to make a change. But don't criticize a guy for the MANNER in which his team WON the game. Geez, lighten up! It's kind of like when I offer to wash the dishes, and my wife says, "No, I'll do it," b/c she'd rather be mad at me for not doing them (but if I don't offer to wash the dishes she gets mad anyway.)

Brady's job is to win games. He won last night. Just say congratulations and wait til the end of the season to pass judgment on the state of the program and whether a change is needed.

5. friday

friday Founding Member

okay, so i can only express my opinons between the saturday afternoon that we lose to kentucky and the wednesday night that we beat ole miss? I'm not happy with the overall progress of this program as a LSU alum and a supporter so I have a right to express my concerns. I'm sorry ythat you don't like what I have to say but that's what this forum is for.

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Thank you, sir, for a reasoned out analysis.

I've come to the conclusion that TE's pathological hatred of John Brady, coupled with the fact that he (TE) is a tad overly impressed w/ his own eloquence are the reasons that threads like this get started. While I'm not Brady's biggest fan (and yes, I do have my criticisms), it serves no constructive purpose to start harping on things that haven't even happened yet...and might not happen at all.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Hmm, Don't quit your day job and I didn't criticize him right after the win.
    The win was last nite, about 12 hours ago or so.
    If you would've taken the time to look at my post which is about 8 posts above you would see that I am looking at the big picture which is less impressive than a win over an average basketball team at best.
    Ole Miss is 2-5 in the SEC, 11-9 overall, Hooray!!

My O My how some LSU fans seem to like mediocrity when it comes to mens
    basketball, I swear some of these people would risk their lives to save Brady!
    I think it should be everyones right to talk about their team in good times and
    bad.

If you don't like what i write don't read it or respond tigerjeffery.
    It also makes no sense to defend a coach with Bradys track record, he's
    not even close to around .500 in SEC play for starters.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

I agree Friday!

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

Re: John Brady costing himself the stretch run, and he can't explain it on live radio

that is a well-stated and accurate analysis.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i thought most of us had decided to give brady slack for the ncaa sanctions years. he's beyond that now, but you know damn well that showing his sec record is bs. i feel like im being bombarded with antibrady propaganda instead of rational points. i guess you could say that if youre a fan then youre biased and not rational, but then why have a discussion?

this may not change your conclusions, but its still the way to make a reasonable point

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

we all want at least that, but its unreasonable. maybe not unreasonable, but much more difficult than it was when dale was coach.

dont forget there is also the argument that its very difficult to be a top basketball AND football program. its not easy to understand why, but the numbers dont lie

of the programs that have ever been to the NCAA tourney 10 yrs in a row, how many have been top 20 football all or most of those years