John Brady costing himself the stretch run, and he can't explain it on live radio...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 26, 2005.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Re: John Brady costing himself the stretch run, and he can't explain it on live radio

Just keep in mind, that as tired as we are of mediocrity in Brady's program, rooting against the team should not be an option. Sure, it could speed his departure (though not likely to have any effect), but the kids play the game. It's the kids game, not the coach's. Root for the kids, regardless of how much you're tired of the coach.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Re: John Brady costing himself the stretch run, and he can't explain it on live radio

Good post. I don't believe Brady can/will get it done, but that shouldn't be a reason not to support the team. I keep hoping the light bulb comes on and he can turn this program around.

I'd be more than happy to admit I was wrong if he figures this thing out soon...

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

That being said, and I know you are in Texas so this doesn't apply to you, but all of you who complain about Brady do you even go to games? I'm there on Wednesdays when they are at home. I work weekends so I can't make those games but I'm a fan of the team...maybe less and less of the coach...but a fan no less. Get out there and show some support. It's maddening to be in there with just 6-7000 people. It's so quiet it's deafening and I don't think that is what was in mind when the place was nicknamed the Deaf Dome.

4. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

I blast Brady often - this in no way means I don't support the team. I'm a season ticket holder (and have been for many years). I have never and will never boo an LSU team - I go to every game and cheer.

However, JB has got to go! I won't rant anymore (in this thread:lol: ) because I've said it many times before. Personally I don't think it matters what we do this year - look at the overall - this jackass has got to go. He is not a winner. Where did he come from? The famed Samford - thanks Joe Dean!

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Can I support the team and not support Brady Kinda like the Democrats support the troops but don't support the war or the president?

I don't think in neither case this is possible.
    Good posts guys, I'm glad no one took the time to blast me because I do root for the team but have lost interest in them this year for the most part.
    I'm some one who use to live and breathe playing basketball and watching college basketball.
    I remember watching "all" LSU games that were on tv and I grew up watching teams
    such as Georgetown with Pat Ewing, NC with MJ, Houston, 5 slamma Jamma and many other teams.
    I occasionally watch an SEC matchup or something like this these days.
    I still will watch LSU if they are on tv but I don't expect much.
    I check the board during the game or after the game just to see how they
    played these days, thats about it.
    I will get ESPN fullcourt again if they ever get good but didn't want it this year as badly as the season started, I don't know what to expect from this
    team anymore.

My passion is gone for now and its all because of Brady and the down hill slide that seems to be happening.
    Having said that there is no way I could ever root against the team even though I have thought about the delimma tigerjeffery talked about.
    I figure Brady will take care of himself one way or the other.

6. -T-

-T- Founding Member

anybody notice the crowd reaction as the clock expired wed. night? it was just a few claps. nobody really cared. obviously baton rouge fans not at the games really don't care , but the ticket holders at the games don't care either.

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I can see TE's point of view. Indeed, we did win the game, but it was a game we should have won. That's the problem, we struggle in games we should have no problem with.

If you have a coach that has a losing record in the NFL and constantly doesn't live up to expectations for an 8 year stretch, you don't say he is the right man for the job just because he just squeaked a win out over the lowly Miami Dolphins. It's a game he should win. You don't gauge coaches on the most recent win over a mediocre opponent, you have to look at his entire career and frankly Brady doesn't seem to be getting it done. Some of you may be satified because heck we just beat Ole Miss, but that doesn't impress me much.

Having said that, I don't know if firing him mid-season is the right thing to do. Maybe wait till the conclusion of this season. Whatever happened to Tim Floyd backing out of the USC deal?

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the problem is several posters just have it out for brady and their posts on the topic are becoming worthless. continual posts about how bad the coach is just after a win dont make much sense. do it after they lose. or do it in a thread about brady's overall tenure. dont create a thread after a win about how one guy (a weak guy at that) that didnt get pt. its pointless.

but what do i know. maybe thats what TF is for.

9. staysaban.com

staysaban.com Founding Member

Ok i have read just about all that im going to read about brady. He Im afraid is an idiot. FOr those that think its ok to play seven players in a game need to be drug tested (victor conte- balco). first, people hello we played Ole miss. Last time i checked they suck even worse than us. Second did yall not see the Kentucky game last weekend when Kentucky played oh I don't know all of their players. So don't tell me that its ok to not sub. I saw UKCoach_Smith sub in three to four players every dead ball to our one guy. Folks that is not going to get it done.

So dont give me this crap about that brady knows what he's doing b/c i heard brady after the ole miss game on the radio myself and I agree With TE. Brady doesn't have a fricken clue.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I don't understand why Temple redshirted?
    Was Brady responsible for this, we sure could've used the help this year.
    This makes NO sense!

You don't redshirt a guy when your as short handed as this team is!