John Brady stumbling at recruiting!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BasileTiger, Feb 5, 2004.

1. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

I have been keeping up with the LSU recruiting trail in basketball.

Can anyone tell me why we recruited Collis Temple IV. Is it strictly because his dad and brother played at LSU.

I can't see us wasting a scholarship on this guy.

I have been keeping up with two great talents in the state of Louisiana.

These two guys are Shan Foster of Bonnabel. Foster is a a 6'6" 180lbs. forward.

The other is Martin Zeno, a 6'5" small foward of Sulphur High.

Sulphur is ranked #1 in 5-A and Zeno is the stud of the team, scoring over 30 points just about every game.

I see Rivals.com has Foster signing with Vanderbilt.

The last I heard on Zeno, is that he committed to Texas Tech.

Can someone please tell me why we didn't recruit Foster and Zeno. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase help!

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

GARRETT Temple? He has talent. Glen Davis also has talent. As for small forwards and guards, we have Koundjia and Minor already, who are true freshmen. Darrell Mitchell and Hudson are probably coming back as well. We are currently loaded.

3. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Temple has talent???

Temple is currently scoring about 10 points a game for a AA ball club.

Your right Glenn Davis is the real deal.

Tack has potential.

Bass, Mitchell, and Hudson have skills.

But when you look at the type of players that Shan Foster and Martin Zeno are compared to Garrett Temple, it's like night and day.

4. Tino03

Tino03 Founding Member

I saw both Shan Foster and Garrett Temple play at the Battle of the Border in Jackson,Ms. Foster is the better player hands down. If it wasnt for Temple's name, LSU would have never even thought about recruiting him. And on a side note, U-High and Denham Springs will be hooking up Saturday night in the Hall of Fame Classic. Mitchell vs. Davis, that matchup should be interesting.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Since I live almost in Canada :) and have never seen the current Tigers play (or scrimmage for that matter), what's the scoop on Maravich??

Is he worth a spot--or is he on the team because the arena bears his fathers name?

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

He hasn't played a single minute.

7. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

When Maravich scored his basket last year I wrote to the Advocate pointing out that he and his father had just become the highest scoring father/son duo in NCAA history. Guilbeau used it later in the year. I remembered that when Pete Rose, Jr. got his first (only?) hit for the Cincinnati Reds that some writer pointed out that he and his father had the most hits for a father/son combo in MLB - so I figured the same probably applied to the Maraviches.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

J. Maravich also isn't on scholarship.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

and not really taking up a spot yet.

I've heard Temple isn't too good so I think it was to honor the family and I wish we would honor the fans by bringing in a great player instead. And to say don't need guards and small forwards because of who we already have, if these guys can shot a jump shot we do need them.

10. DJBurke

DJBurke Founding Member

What about the Kentrell Gransberry and Spencer Ford? Theinsiders.com have Gransberry listed as 6'8 240 and Ford is a 4-star player. I would think Bass, Davis, and Gransberry would make a nice frontcourt.