John Brady stumbling at recruiting!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BasileTiger, Feb 5, 2004.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I'd say Brady has proved with a top 5 class last year and landing a top 3 center. That proves he can recruit. Did he stumble onto two Mcdonalds all-americans in the past 6 years(probably a third with Glen Davis) and then also stumble upon a load of other top 100 players????

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

id be happy with a point guard. does chris duhon have a little brother?

3. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

from what i heard the only reason temple got offered a scholorship is b/c his dad is the one who influenced big baby to come to LSU and he is the one who is workin on getting Mitchell to come to LSU too

4. BMoney

BMoney Founding Member

I played a few holes of golf with Garrett & Collis Jr (his dad) on the LSU course last summer. It was after work one day, and it was really slow, so they caught up to me. Garrett was pretty quiet but very respectful. It's a shame there are people here bashing the kid.

5. Tino03

Tino03 Founding Member

Nobody questioned Garrett's character. He might very well be a outstanding young man. I just feel he isn't the quality of player that should be playing at a SEC school. Nothing against Garrett personally.

6. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

yeah i'm not tryin to bash him as a person i'm just sayin there are players we could recruit

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yeah you're right. We really have stumbled with Strohmile, Brandon Bass, Jaime Lorreda, Tack Minor, and Rejis....All were coveted, coveted national recruits...We are really stumbling aren't we?

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

DallasLSU...One good season...ONE GOOD SEASON with all of those players...and Regis, Brandon and Tack still "have the jury out" on their anlysis...

The only guys worth a crap that Brady's ever recruited (and by "worth a crap" I mean guys that could hold their own on any D-1 team) were CTIII (and he was a total diamond in the rough), Ronald Dupree, Stro, Jabari, and Lamont...

How many years has he been here?

He's recruited sub-par talent...

Shawnson Johnson? Mental and academic bust...
    JueMichael Young? Bitch-slappah bust...

These guys allegedly, "would dominate and help LSU win the conference if they were eligible"...Everyone from the Turdvocate to P&G to The Spicy One to the Jimmy Ott "Viggorish Pressbox" Show was saying it...eating up what the coach's were telling them "off the record" in a big attempt to "buy some time" with a sub-par product on the court...

Jaime's an okay player, but anyone who thinks that a 6-8 guy's got a future as a good D, great rebounding, no offense guy in the Association is dreaming...KG can hit the 3, run the point, and rebound and play D as well as Jamie can, as can Nowitzki, as can Wallace, as can Bonzi Wells, as can Paol Gasol, as can Rashard Lewis...

Think about it this way....Jamie is AS tall as Mashburn...Look at Mashburn's offensive skills, and look at Jaime's...I'm sorry, but the kid will make a roster spot...but that's about it...and you guys act like he's one of LSU's all time greats or something...

This guy has done okay recruiting...but he's not some maven...and he hasn't exactly put us on solid footing just yet...Remember the Ole miss game?

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I definitely agree LSU is NOT over the hump yet. But it was a long tough climb after Dale Brown left the program in shambles. Brady has done about as well as you can under the circumstances, especially in those early years. Now he has no excuse to fall back on and MUST produce by next year, expecially with the freshman he has playing this year and Big Boy coming in next year.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I have a friend of mine who knows Shawnson Johnson and just told me he is dumb as a rock.