John Brady to Missouri?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by burnt norton, Mar 21, 2006.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Yeah I was watching the game the other day and I couldn't help but notice that he had 5 white boys on the floor. Now I am not the smartest man in the world but you throw in a few good brothers and you got your self a team. Even three brothers and two white boys and man you got one hell of a mix. I think you need to add a little playground mentality to the pot.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

But you know what love is?

3. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

yeah she showed me how to dangle.

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I am not one of the Brady haters, but I am a skeptic. As I have said before, Brady seems to keep winning just enough games to keep his job. I believe this year was the first year since he took over where the Tiger basketball team was won the SEC title outright. The LSU basketball program under his leadership has been mediocre, and I am very skeptical about Brady's ability to take the program up the next level. I believe we will see the proof of that when he plays Duke Thursday.

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Okay, I'll play along... against my better judgement.

We had us a good "mix", as you say, until Alford ran off Marcellus Summerville to Bradley... something about Marcellus having too many m's and l's in his name... then Pierre Pierce, who was already on probation coming off rape charges, trashed his girlfriend's apartment and stole her stuff, got kicked off the team. He had averaged 27 points his last six games.
    He's now warming a jail cell... after his defense of being "mandingoed" fell apart.... so, yeah, we wound up with too much flour in our "mix" ... if that's important to ya!!

6. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

There's an old saying, "You never know what you got, till it's gone."

7. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

all he has done is win.. guess that isn't good enough.

8. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I know, people will always complain. That's sad.:dis:

9. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

Give me a break. I've been critical of Brady over the last few years over his poor recruiting, program management, PR, NCAA coaching performance etc. At this point, regardless of what happens Thursday, I'm happy with this year. Beating Duke and beyond is gravy. We done well. Brady seems to have finally turned the corner with the program. I expect to be back in the Sweet 16 and possibly further next year.

But to characterize all critical comments toward Brady as just being from an attitude that "nothing is good enough", is to imply that LSU fans should confuse mediocrity with excellence, and that doesn't sit right with me. As the only major conference school in a state with plenty of basketball talent, there is no reason for LSU to not be consistently competitive. This is the first time under Brady we've had 2 consecutive winning SEC records.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Actually Bertman was quoted as saying that the reason he offered Brady a new contract with a raise before the tournament was because he didn't want the outcome of one game to define the contract. Brady himself put off the deal of the contract, although the offer is still on the table. Perhaps because he thought he could get more with an impressive showing in the tournament, perhaps because he wants to look at other options.