John Brady to Missouri?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by burnt norton, Mar 21, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Absolutely it would be best for Brady to leave on his own. Because if we fire a coach that just took us to the Sweet 16, we surely won't be luring a bunch of top coaches.

I agree that a single sweet 16 won't reverse all of the animosity towards him, but it's a big start. A few more years like this & what happened in the past won't matter.

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

exactly...and if everything goes the way it should and thomas and davis stay we should be in the same place next year if not further...the future is bright.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

How many people actually bash the coach? We have a couple here, but the majority don't. I would say before this season most fans were unhappy with the inconsistent performance Brady's teams have shown in the postseason, but isn't that a legitimate gripe? I was one of them; I don't want a coach who can't compete in the big games. Losing close would be fine but being embarassed is unacceptable. I think most fans agree with me, which has something to do with the low attendance. With the season Brady has had in addition to the success of the past few years (overlooking postseason play) I am all for giving Brady a raise.

Suggesting that LSU fans are worse than any other school's fans considering what we've been through in basketball (national power, black hole, slow return to competitiveness with key setbacks) is wrong, IMO. It irks me that you guys do that. If Brady leaves, we can all blame fans like me, but I think that would be too easy. Brady has had to go through a tough situation here, fans or none. Throw some of the blame at Dale Brown, some at immature players showing their asses, some at Brady for losing some key games.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

LOL. I was never a big Brady fan, but I never called for his head. I was always disappointed that our big dance exits were basically embarassing. I am here saying now that I do stand behind Brady getting a raise and contract extension. I don't expect LSU to win every game, I don't bash and nit-pick all of Brady's faults. Hell, I usually give him the benefit of the doubt. I would have loved to go undefeated this year, but I was proud of this team in every loss because we played hard in every game (maybe not so much in Florida, but that's understandable).

I will not appologize for wanting LSU to compete or for being emotionally invested in how they do (most of us are, I think). LSU making the sweet 16 is a highpoint in the year for me. I know that you could care less if we win or lose and that is just a difference between us that usually causes my irritation level to rise when you post. You want undivided support of all things LSU with no discenting voice, but that is not a desire of yours I want to comply with. Hopefully I can keep myself from being drawn into your inflamatory comments, I don't like to bicker. And you do make good points from time to time, so I don't want to ignore you.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

My problem is with those that are all negative all the time.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

No rational and objective person could be negative about Coach John Brady right now, no matter what happens tonight against Duke.