John Brady's tenure at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TD TIGER, Dec 20, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

What's this...MikeD & LSUGradin99 are both turning against Brady by playing the "indifference to termination" card?

What will the Brady Butt Munch Lunch Bunch do come its annual Potluck Dinner for its Christmas Party?

You guys buck up...This team-as every Brady team-will have a spurt and put a win streak together. The maddening play from the early going of this year, which is usually covered up by the inferior talent scheduled such as Our Lady of The Lake Intramural Phlegbotomists, the Fighting Strep-Throaters of the Baton Rouge General Mid-City's ENT Department, and the ITI Rednecks, is on display, but this team-as usual-will round into form and actually do well.

We'll probably end up under .500 overall, though we'll have some flashes late in the conference. Once again, the typical modus operandi will be that Brady flashes just enough in the pan to make you all whine for one more year of the "ketchup soup" you all claim is straight from Emeril's kitchen and not a Heinz bottle, and you all will jump right back on that bandwagon...

I've seen it happen for the last two years...People claim they're going to get tired of Brady, and then he puts together a 3 game winning streak, makes a cameo at #24, or beats a few from the middle of the pack to string together a semblance of a "roll", and you all start yelling Huzzah again...

Trust me, you guys need to stay on the BBMLB bandwagon until the wheels freaking come off...Don't cop the indifferent attitude...Support him until the bow breaks...

You made your bed with him...Now lie in it.

2. mtntiger

mtntiger Freshman

Forgot Something, TD

9. Horrible off-court and on-court demeanor, except, apparently, in recruits' homes.

10. No redemption for players in his doghouse. Once they're in, they're gone.:po:

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

TE,

I bet you can count on two hands the number of times I have mentioned Brady. Get over yourself and stop trying to group people together.

I am always supportive of the LSU basketball team though and generally go to most of the games because I truly enjoy seeing LSU basketball games.

The early years for Brady were tough with the limitations. I can't be overly critical of the team's progress during that time period. However, sufficient time has passed now after those limitations.

Going into this season, I was hopeful (I am still barely clinging on to that hope too) that LSU would make a nice run this year. If that happened then I would have no problem with Brady remaining at LSU. Thus far, it is simply not happening though. If a judgement were made right now by Skip to fire him, I would understand it.

Unlike you, some of us judge a coach by the product on the court, not on meaningless hearsay and second hand reports such as those from TigerEducated on Tigerforums.com.

Right now, that product in the court is not looking very good.

4. TigerEducated

So the two stellar apperances in the NIT were judged by you as a fan of a Southeastern Conference, Division one major college basketball program to be exemplary and deserving of future chances to again reach those "heights"?

Trust me, fellow LSU fan, I don't have second hand information...I've never had to rely on the 2nd hand information that's been revealed on this site to help form my opinion...

My opinion that John Brady was bad for LSU Basketball was formulated during the Sweet 16 season...Firsthand experience...Conversations with players...In game after in game situations I witnessed...

You can scoff and snort at the reasons behind my extended winter of discontent over the direction of this program...But, then again, you weren't there to see the things I've seen...and worse yet, you actually gave Brady the benefit of the doubt because you can only judge by what has gone on in terms of the product on the court.

Since I was on Tigerbait.com, then when I moved to the Lair, and now here, I have never been a John Brady fan...and it's precisely because of the major mistakes he's made off the court...I have never denigrated the man's intelligence in terms of basketball. Never once. I have denigrated the man because of his lack of character, his lack of conviction in recruiting good people and good basketball people, his total lack of planning or caution when it comes to his approach to recruiting, practicing, or dealing with players, and his total lack of class in dealing with personal situations in his own life...

Now, people can and do change every day in this life...But this man has had long enough...and the decisions he's still making are obviously indicative of a person who hasn't changed one iota. Period. Point blank.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Wow. I don't have much of a problem with this, but why haven't you denigrated brady's basketball IQ? I mean his teams are often beleived to have enough talent,but don't win enough. Do you really think he is a solid X's and O's coach, but loses for other reasons?

6. TigerEducated

I think his recruits play poorly disciplined basketball...and I also think that he has recruited poorly in terms of his guards...You can't have 2 Earl Boykins and one guy who plays like John Starks-on a Game 7 of the NBA Finals against the Houston Rockets night-and think you're going to compete.

Any opposing conference guard who can take one dribble drive, pull up and pop it can get his shot off...Not because of our lack of defensive ability. It's because we're all 5-2 at the guard spots.

I think Brady's Basketball coaching abilities were on display during the '99-'00 season...and I think his strictly coaching abilities are above reproach...When he has not only talented players, but disciplined ones.

The players we currently throw out there now are obviously not executing on defense, because we've seen them all play-both individually and as a team-better before in seasons past. In that respect, it doesn't necessarily allow for laying blame at the coach for his decisions on the court. It's for recruiting guys that can't defend the pullup jumper from the 1 or 2 on the opposing team. It's for not having contingency plans for Spencer Ford...It's for not recruiting well enough to be able to compete at a high level while being able to know that we have good people on the court, and not just good basketball players.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i agree. i didn't seem like this was the case a couple years ago. several players improved-smith, swift, temple, roland, dupree--but it seems that mitchell and hudson might in the end be in the same undeveloped category as bright and beshara.

in the end is brady too much like dale? can overacheive with less talent, but underachieves with more?

i still say its too early to tell because the current is very young and previous years included scholly restrictions. i am becoming more unsettled though. :(