John David Booty

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Jan 20, 2004.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Jetstorm, nobody brought up Rohan until you did. I think Josh had tremendous talent and he probably could've led LSU to the national championship on this year's team like Mauck did. Josh was "the chosen one" when he came back after the baseball stint. Unfortunately, for him, we had the Dinardo led team in shambles with the offense led by a WR's coach. Josh gets way too much blame. However, the Bama game was as bonehead of a play as I've ever seen. With the 4th Qtr play in the UAB game, he basically made up a play and lost the game. That will be the way he's remembered but I'm glad he got the 2nd team all-SEC so he can sleep a little better at night. I know the angry LSU mob can be tough on people sometimes.

I think Brock Berlin's legacy will be the QB that made Miami fans appreciate Ken Dorsey. I don't see how Berlin would get a chance in the NFL. He really hasn't shown anything at all and was given the perfect situation to display his skills.

Does the Tech staff not like Rawls? Who's going to be their QB next year?

2. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

craig nall is just as good as booty or davey.

evidence is his nfl career is just as good or better than their's

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Rohan was simply a better QB and team leader than Josh was.
    He was not the prima donna Josh was, and the team respected him and wanted to play for him. Rohan got off to a bad start against Auburn their sophomore year, and DiNardo used that as an excuse to appease all the higher-ups that were putting pressure on him to play Josh...consequently, we hardly saw
    Rohan again that year (in spite of the school record 19 ints. that
    Josh threw) until DiNardo was history. Then Hal Hunter, w/ nothing to lose, showed some sack and replaced Josh w/ Rohan against Arkansas...with results that left most of us wondering why Rohan hadn't been playing more all along.

Bottom line...there was no "cult of Rohan" as you choose to put it,
    Jetstorm...only LSU fans who wanted to see the QB that gave us a better shot at winning.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

If Flynn or Russell don't play this coming year b/c they don't win the job, they will be removed from HS for 2 full years like JDB. Do you think this will be detrimental to their career at LSU?

I don't think it really matters if you redshirt your first or second year ... you still get 5 years to play 4.

Lots of good college QBs didn't get to play much until their 3rd or 4th year!

5. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Brent Rawls came up here to OU hyped as the Second Coming. All I heard from my OU friends was , "We got him and LSU didn't." It didn't matter that LSU never really recruited the guy.
    When he got here, it turned out the guy was caught up in his own hype and he thought he could just waltz in and the starting job would be handed to him on a platter. ( Sound like a familiar attitude with the Sooners?) When it wasn't he developed an attitude problem. He went out one night drinking with some friends and fell out of the back of a pickup and suffered a head injury. This caused him to miss a lot of practice and get behind the guys like Hybl and White.
    Going into last spring practice, he thought he would have the starting job locked up. It turned out he wound up 4th string. Stoops and Long said that he never showed the leadership or resolve to do the work needed to become the starter.
    When it became apparent he wasn't going to start or even get a chance to play, he decided to transfer to Tech.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

LSU, 2003, BEST IN THE NATION AND THE SEC!!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Botton line on JDB is that USC probably wished like hell that they had more QB depth and had redshirted him this year. Also, they are signing the number 1 ranked juco QB in the country who was also a 5 star player coming out of HS according to the post I read on this board by USC guys, so maybe they will redshirt him since they'll have the other guy.

On Josh, I think it all boils down to him be a heard headed kid that didn't listen to his coaches very well and didn't earn the respect of his teammates, period.

7. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Absolutely! Chow's reputation is welll deserved and JDB would do well to redshirt and derive max benefit from his tenure with Chow.

BTW - despite the demand for Chow's services, he's unlikely to accept an HC position any time soon. FWIW, he currently earns more as an OC/QBC than most Div-I HC's today. The second reason are his asian roots, which blend very well with the culture on the west coast. He and CPC have a terrific relationship, he has a sure-fire Heisman leader next season (Leinart), and he's making good dough without the risk of being an HC. Would you leave that kind of setup? Same kind of logic applies to Saban - he's got it made right now....why go to the NFL when you can be king of the SEC? (I'll venture a guess that Spurrier has a strong opinion on that particular subject...:D )

8. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I disagree. I have heard no one say that they expect the Cavs to make the playoffs this year. Anyone who knows the NBA at all understands that the Cavs need more than what they have, including LJ, to make it to the playoffs - even in the weak-ass Eastern Division. LJ will not be viewed as a disappointment because his team doesn't make the playoffs. Cleveland fans, coaches, and management alike will not consider LJ a disappointment. To say that he will be deemed a disappointment for "not living up to expectations" is just ludicrous.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

First off he's not making the kind of dough that the HC's at the big boys makes, so if would have to get an offer from a big time program that gets good recruits and has great facilities and there are a few out there that will be looking for a HC in the next couiple of years. But due to the fact that he does have a great situation at USC he can be very discriminating in what jobs he looks at. God knows that when some of the big time programs are looking they will throw some big bucks at him as the bar has risen quite dramatically because of Stoops and Saban mostly.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jetstorm
    Kinda like what might happen to LeBron James. The kid is having a great first year, but if he doesn't win Rookie of the Year, make the All-Star Game, AND take the Cavaliers to the playoffs (one out of three is certain, two out of three possible, all three unlikely) he will be deemed a disappointment for "not living up to expectations." Well, all-world talent or no, the expectations were, IMHO, a tad bit unrealistic. Same for the Evangel quarterbacks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LeBron is already living up to expectations. I have no doubt he will make the All Star team and right now it looks like Rookie of the Year is between LeBron and Carmelo Anthony. The Cavs won't make the playoffs because they are not a good team.