John David Booty

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Jan 20, 2004.

1. titanrook

titanrook Freshman

Man you guys are traitors.The same ones tearing down Josh Booty are the same one who hailed him as LSU SAVIOR.He came here and gave it his best shot thanks JB.Now Rohan is my all time favorite QB at LSU .You could just feel difference when he was on the field,the guys loved him and put it on the line with him.Why we are on the subject i couldnt care rats butt about evangel just to let yall know my mindset.But i do think there are some great youngmen comming out of that school it wouldnt hurt us to patch some wounds with them.We got Jacob Hester comming lets hope he is the first of many more to come .

2. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

I'm glad someone finally brought this guy's name up. I for one am disappointed that Craig Nall didn't get to start for the Tigers. He's an outstanding player and a stand up guy.

We'll see more of him on Sundays real soon.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Nall opened the season as the starter that year but had a couple of poor performances. I'm sure it's not easy when everyone wanted Booty in there (at the time). All 3 were talented QBs that probably felt pressure with the other 2 on the sidelines.

I'm one of the hypocrites because I was praising Josh when he came here and in the pro-Ro crowd after Josh struggled. It just seemed like Josh separated himself from the team and wasn't the leader a QB should be. I gained some respect for him when he left after his junior year though. I'm sure he wanted to return but saw the handwriting on the wall. Rohan might not have been able to have the year he did if Josh was on the sidelines as the backup QB. I was also glad that JDB went out west and got away from it all. I didn't want him at LSU (tired of the soap operas) and didn't want him playing against us because I'm sure he's a good talent.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He may have left simply due to the fact that he did see the handwriting on the wall, or was it put in his hear my Saban, that he would sit his senior year and that kind of hurts your draft position. Plus having the whole stadium at the Peach Bowl chanting Rohan's name at the end of the first half and beginnng of the second couldn't have made him feel too good about coming back.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Never mind going in to the locker room at the half trailing 14-3
    only to have Rohan come in and engineer a 28-14 victory. Small
    wonder he threw in the towel and moved on.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You're right about that, Rohan electrified the entire stadium as well as the Tigahs immediately and it was all over after that. the stats from the first half were completely reversed in the second half.

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

After that Peach Bowl game, Josh was faced with a clear choice...stand on the sidelines the next season holding a clipboard, getting paid for it...or stand on the sidelines the next season holding a clipboard, not getting paid for it. Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've not trying to defend Josh but remember that Brad Smalling started the Peach Bowl and was getting spun around like a fat middle school O-Tackle by the G. Tech DE Gathers every single play. Brandon Winey came in for the 2nd half with some kind of broken hand injury and gave Rohan much better protection. Rohan definitely inspired his teammates. If that was fate and the way things were meant to be for Josh (and Ro), I'm not complaining.