John David Booty

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Mar 16, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

Here is a link to an interview video with J.D. Booty - watch the commercial and then it loads:

J. D. Booty Interview Video

1. Do you think he regrets not being a Tiger?
    2. Any chance LSU approaches him about transferring and redshirting?
    3. Other SEC schools that may contact him?
    4. What do you think all of the idiot Trojan fans who pick fun at LSU and Louisiana think about having a cajun run their offense one day?
    5. If he wanted to be a Tiger, would we want him?

I'd love to have him - he's a Booty, but he's his own person and he is one hell of a football player. Also, we signed a couple of his former teammates who are apparently his close friends...

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

1) No
    2) No
    3) Never know
    5) I would never turn down talent. Competition at QB is good. But with the way things are now, I don't think we need him and a spot he would take, could have been used to sign someone else.

3. luckydog602

luckydog602 Founding Member

I would never, EVER want to be an LSU Quarterback in Death Valley with the name "Booty" on the back of my jersey. There would be almost zero margin for error before being depicted as the brother of Josh Booty..
    (and you all remember the Season we had with him)

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Let's go through the list, shall we?

1. Brock Berlin - on his @SS at UM
    2. Brent Rawls - stuck behind Beanbag White
    3. Robert Lane - Eli's successsor - RI-IIIGHT!!!!
    4. John David Booty - Leinart's personal b*tch

All great Looziana HS QBs in the last 5 years...

Who needs ANY of 'em!

We won the NC without needin' ANY of 'em!

BTW SCR*W Payton too!!!!

N'awlins native doesn't even BELONG in Looziana...

I CAN'T STAND the Mannings!

I hope Payton does in the pros what he did at UT - his SUCCESSOR will win it all after he leaves...

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Robert Lane is going to be a good quarterback...Unfortunately, he'll be a good quarterback at a bad school.

Rawls and Berlin were merely over-rated guys in an over-rated system.

JDB's the real deal though. His brother was at one time the active career receptions and yardage leader in the SEC on a run oriented LSU football team heading into his JUNIOR year (pretty impressive feat in only his first two years on campus). His other brother was voted-BY THE REST OF THE SEC COACHES, NOT BY LSU OR WRITERS-as the best quarterback in the SEC in 2000.

I've seen him at that EA camp on ESPN, and I've seen his highlights.

He's the real deal, and so is Robert Lane...and Scott Perrilloux is, too....

6. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

I think Perrilloux's first name is Ryan....

He is the real deal though. As for Robert Lane, Ole Miss can have him.
    I saw the guy in the playoffs a couple of years ago and quite honestly, I can see why Nick Saban wasn't willing to bet the farm on this kid.
    He may work out at Ole Miss but I was not impressed by Lane's passing skills.
    JMO.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Rawls is now at La Tech I believe.

(I know most of you already know this story)
    As for Lane, Saban and LSU wanted him but he chose not to compete for his job. He ran from Competition. When LSU signed Flynn and Russell, on Signing day he changed his commitment. He may be a great QB, but he lacks heart. I dont know him personally so I cannot judge his character. But what I do know is he ran from competition. He committed to LSU then bailed at the last minute. To me that is a major character flaw.

Saban even said so about him (Not mentioning his name) but question a kids character and heart if he leads a school on for months and the moment he finds out he may have to compete for his job he bails on signing day. WHen LSU could have tried to recruit another player. That was my beef, said over and over again he is going to LSU, LSU removed the scholly from available, then he bails. Pretty crappy if you ask me.

As for the Evangel boys, no thanks....
    Plus Booty has Baggage. His father. I play hockey with a USC guy and he says Bootys father is always around, poking his nose around. Let alone the baggage of being a Booty at LSU.

Matters not, he will never come to LSU, the Booty's think LSU was "Mean" to their boys.

8. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

chill out guys

These are 18-19 year old guys who are just trying to make it. Everyone that doesn't attend LSU isn't a bad guy. Some come some guy. They are all from our great state. Give them some credit.

9. conradj

conradj Founding Member

What does he say in the interview? I dont have speakers at work. Is he having problems?

10. BB

BB Founding Member

Basically says that he is now looking at being a backup for the next two years - speculation on a possible transfer (he denies it) and just an overall look at his status right now after being the first high school kid to leave without playing his senior season in HS and being such a talented recruit...

This kid was a real star and he can play football - the Saban era and the DiNardo / Josh Booty era are worlds apart and I just have to believe that Nick Saban can get his foot in any door and his butt into any living room in America right now - Booty or not. Rest assured that Saban has this kid's home telephone number on hand and anything is possible.