John David Booty

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Mar 16, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Not true, Lane did not have to sign a letter of intent on signing day and could have shopped around for a different college. He was rated high enough to get a scholarship elsewhere at a major university he didn't have to choose ole siss and could even have signed at LSU and still went the baseball route. He chose ole miss because he knew there was a chance that he would NOT go into baseball and wanted a place where he had less competition on the football field. It was what he thought was the best descision for him.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

How is what you said different from what I said? I didn't see any post before yours that talked about him needing to sign a letter of intent on National Signing Day.

You think Russell would have chosen LSU over FSU if Robert Lane came out and said that he wanted no part of MLB? Nope. Why not? Hmmmm.... Go to LSU and be stuck in a 3-way battle at QB or go to FSU and the spot is yours after Rix leaves.

3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Hey mlut,

Is it possible that you are taking this way too personal? I say Lane is gone, long live Russell & Flynn.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You sure don't know that to be a fact, having one other great QB sure didn't stop him but we'll never know if we would have had 3 if he would've committed as I assume he already had heard of Lane's signing with the Weebles. The biggest surprise to me in the entire Lane scenario is that he isn't playing baseball at Ole Miss, I wonder if he has given up on the sport? Also, I had no problem with Lane choosing Ole Miss at the last minute, if I were in his shoes I just may have done the same thing, especially if he saw any of the Russell highlight video's.