John "Stoops" Brady

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Just saw on the news here in BR clips from Brady's press conference today. In the press conference he is essentially whining about not being ranked in the Top 25.

I'm a fan of Coach Brady but the guy needs to keep his mouth shut sometimes. His comments today are up the alley of old Bob Stoops......worrying about "peripheral" bull$hit.

To be quite honest, IMO, the Tigers haven't beaten anyone that would make them worthy of a Top 25 ranking.

Beat Florida next Saturday @ Fla then you've got an argument. but as has been typical in the past when coach runs his mouth it comes back to bite em.....ie, probably get ass-raped next Saturday.

Shut up and coach.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Agree

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I think this is more like Pete Carroll than Stoops.........

OU was ranked high all year..

Pete Carroll was the whining for the most part.

This is what happens when you play nothing but cupcakes OOC
    Schedule.

I agree with you guys on this part
    I hope he won't do this anymore it is embarassing us especially
    after the football situation this year via Carroll!

4. LSUBlitz245

LSUBlitz245 Founding Member

I don't like Brady for 1 fact: he only plays they guys who were ranked high for winning a sertain amount of games or championships. I would too, but he never looks at how the players play and how WELL they play. Look at Mitchell, He never played Mitchell because he didn't win enough games or something like that. Just recently he's been letting Mitchell start I heard because people in St. Martinville were angry that he wasn't starting so they wrote Brady a letter to let him start. Look how well he's been doing! Brady didn't see that I guess. He's a great coach, but I think he should look at the player, not how many wins or championships he has.

5. mgreer1

mgreer1 Founding Member

I do not really know what the in the hell LSUBLITZ is saying. Mitchell is starting because Hudson has been ineffective.

Anyway Brady should let these things play out. To me RPI seems to be as big of a factor as a poll. Hub is right they need to beat Florida in order to get the love.

John needs to shut up and be like Saban, worry about the things your team can control.

6. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

I think Brady is a fool in his whining for 2 reasons, First, most coaches would be more than happy to continue to fly under the radar. What coach in his right mind cares whether his team is ranked or not? Considering the Tigers' high RPI (which is what really matters), not being in a subjecxtive poll is meaningless. Rankings only seem to make a team think they are better than they really are. Second, as was said already, this team has beaten ZERO Top 25 teams and has only one quality road win (Alabama). Indeed, LSU will be ranked if they win at Florida, and Brady, mroe than anyone, should realize this fact rather than bemoan it in public.

7. LSUBlitz245

LSUBlitz245 Founding Member

what's there not to understand? Brady wasn't playing him because he didn't think that Mitchell was as good as people thought or something like that. As for the letter to Brady,
    the announcers said that during their last game. Mitchell wasn't playing because Hudson was ineffective? No! Hudson made some pretty good baskets last game, like that awesome dunk. Mitchell is starting because of that letter some people in the ville wrote to him. If you don't believe me, ask around! They said it during the game!!!!

8. mgreer1

mgreer1 Founding Member

What ever you say there Blitz. lol

9. BB

BB Founding Member

We won the last 2 games because I wrote John Brady a letter and told him to win. It's true, ask my imaginary friend.

10. lsuk

lsuk Founding Member

i dont understand either. who on lsu's basketball team has won a championship? maybe you are talking about in high school or something. maybe try proof reading.