Johnny 8ball

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, Jul 7, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Maybe 2 crashes. They are all convinced LBJ is coming home. If he doesn't this whole city will be on suicide watch.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'd like to see Lebron go back to Cleveland. It would make me root for them a little. If he doesn't go back, it will be interesting to see how he handles the announcement. While he's not stupid enough to do another ESPN special, it's still a delicate situation.

I believe he's seriously considering Cleveland but hasn't fully made up his mind yet.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LeBron is the first superstar Cleveland has had since Jim Brown and he took his talents to South Beach. I can't see him going back. The Cav's owner publicly disrespected him at the time. I have never
    I think he will go back to Miami. Pat Riley will find a way to give LeBron a max deal and still add the players to keep competing for titles. Bosh will probably leave. He can get a max contract from anybody in the league who has the cap room except for Miami. Why should he sign for less while LeBron gets the big deal? D Wade is no longer a $15 Million a year player. Nobody but the Heat is going to give him anywhere close to that. I would let Bosh leave, offer Wade $9 or $10 million and guarantee him a front office job for life when he retires. That would leave cap room to offer a max deal to Carmelo Anthony. And remember, there are no state income taxes in Florida.

4. shane0911

@Bengal B idk bro. Folks round here are convinced it is happening. Cavs are moving pieces or should I say have moved. They are 20 mil plus under the cap. Irving, LBJ and if they have their way Kevin Love will be a bitch to deal with. I can see it going down.

5. shane0911

Bosh isn't worth a max deal imo.

Yeah no taxes in Fl, but their are in most of the 41 other towns that they play away games in and they have to pay them.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Lets see. I can get at least $25 Million from anybody who can sign me. I'll still have my millions of dollars in endorsements money. I still want to win championships and add to my legacy. Where would I rather live? South Beach, Chicago, Houston, LA? No, I think I'll take my talents to Cleveland, a city where everything sports related always ends badly.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I think the well known struggles that Cleveland has had in the sports world could be a positive aspect in Lebron going back. Could you imagine growing up with your hometown franchise being perpetually horrible (Saints) and feeling like you could be the one to finally get them a Super Bowl championship?

Cleveland had NOTHING when Lebron was there before and they were still one of the contenders in the East. Now, they actually have some young talent and pieces to build around. Also, if Lebron goes to Cleveland for three years and they win one championship, it's a huge story and success. If he goes anywhere else (or stays in Miami), one championship in three years is a failure.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'm not the biggest Bosh fan but I think the way that the NBA caps max deals results in him getting a max contract. The top 5-10 players in the league should be getting more than they are allowed. With only 12 guys on the roster (and a few of those paid the minimum), guys like Bosh that are 2nd tier are more likely to get max deals.

9. shane0911

Took them to the finals.

That is the thing that @Bengal B isn't accounting for. This is his hometown (close enough) He left, made a pile of money, won a couple rings blah blah. He will always have the endorsement deals regardless of where he plays but now he has a chance to come home!

I think he takes it. In fact I'd be surprised if the deal isn't already made and we just don't know it.

I can tell you this much. This town is sold on it and it will be an epic meltdown if he doesnt.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

All that and the wife who is about to pop with their 3rd, wants to go back to Ohio. Happy wife, happy life.