Johnny Football is going Pro

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by P&G_wheelz007, Jan 8, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This is the type of shit that just 100% blows my mind. I don't have 1 minute of time as an NFL Gm, talent scout, rep any of that stuff. I just watch football. I have an opinion and sure it will differ from others but for the most part I'm fairly close on what I think will happen in the NFL with the transition. I'm now hearing talk of JM going 1st overall to the texans. I think this is a HUGE mistake. The thing that really makes me scratch my head and go WTF is there has been SO many teams burnt on drafting QB's in the 1st round yet they still continue to do it. Does it take a moratorium? If there were ever a hit/miss category in the NFL it is QB. I just don't understand it.

**this is nothing for/against JM or the Texans, I could give 2 shits about either of them**

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

In this years playoffs, here is a list of the starting QB's

Pocket Guys:
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Andy Dalton
    Philip Rivers
    Andrew Luck (he doesn't get enough credit for his running ability)

Hybrids:
    Russell Wilson
    Colin Kaepernick
    Cam Newton
    Nick Folds
    Alex Smith

Oddly enough in the final 8 there were 3 hybrids left and 5 pocket passers. Final 4, 2 pocket guys 2 hybrids.

Now the Super Bowl is 1 hybrid, 1 pocket passer.

The hybrids can still be successful but they need a great D and also need to be able to throw the ball well enough to hit on a big play or 2. most important is not turning the ball over.

I think Manziel can be as good as Kaepernick, or Wilson, or Cam.

The question is does your team have a killer D to lean on. Houston seems like a good fit. Reliant would damn sure sell out every game being JF is a Tejas dude. And they have some good pieces on D.

I'm interested in seeing what Houston does.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

fanatic likes this.