Joke of the day....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerLifer3, Feb 10, 2003.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I found this on a Baylor Bear board. It seems like Baylor is pulling out of a game against South Florida, but the kicker is that LSU is scared to come to Texas to play any team. Texas A&M, Baylor, UT, Tech, whoever. This was started by a A&M fan. I find it weird for baylor to agree to this dude and say we are scared to play them when they don't have enough balls to play South Florida.

However, I think A LSU-South Florida game would be very intresting to start off the season, but only if they come to Tiger Stadium. South Florida has a coach that everyone wanted last year, and they are coming off a 9-2 season losing to Arkansas, and Oklahoma. I think they are not too far behind Marshall as far as Talent they got. and maybe ahead of Marshall in terms of Coaching.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=26740

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I didn't even know Baylor had a football team until they stole Kentucky's coach!!

3. LawAg03

LawAg03 Freshman

I browse that forum quite a bit. My fiancee is a Baylor grad so I have an interest in it, even though we are working on an almost 20 year winning streak over them. Although I can't say that I blame Morriss for wanting to cancel the game, it doesn't send the greatest message that Baylor is ready to step up and play Div 1 football in a BCS conference. I don't give them any hope, even under new leadership. They would probably be better served following the TCU example and try to dominate one of the midlevel conferences.

As far as the LSU references go, most of them were from A&M fans refering to the series we had going until the mid 90's. I don't really understand the reasons why the series ended, and I don't think many people outside of either schools AD departments from that time period really know. I do know that it was a great series, and at one time the Houston Chronicle rated it as one of the top ten rivalries in college football.

4. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Aggies

Somebody needs to remind the Aggies that LSU DOMINATED A&M from 1943 to 1990 when A&M won 5 in a row I believe we were like 23 and 10 against them before they won the 5 in a row in the 90's. So who is scared of what?

5. LawAg03

LawAg03 Freshman

The A&M/LSU series stands at 20-26-3 in favor of LSU. 32 of those games were played in Baton Rouge, 12 in College Station, with the rest in Dallas, Galveston, and various other sites. It makes sense to bring it back. Two great venues, fairly close for an OOC game, and a long history.

http://sports.tamu.edu/sports/football/history/opp/lsu.html