Jon Gruden

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigers Paw, Jan 16, 2010.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Re: How Well Does Joe Alleva Know Jon Gruden?

and yet when speak my mind.......

this....sorry you didn't see the humor used to illustrate my opinion regarding tc's continued negative barbs

i resemble this remark :)

here's the deal. i don't like repeated, determined efforts to take shots at CLM and the football team. do they deserve criticism when necessary? - absolutely, analysis? - dittos, discussion? - that's what makes tf go 'round.

in my opinion (get it?.....my opinion) i think tc's way over the top and is consistent in his continued negative posts regarding the coaching staff, players, weather, price of tea in china, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum...

i seldom find any constructive value to tc's posts. do you? i'll discuss most anything with you if you offer a position or a pro/con argument. not much to discuss when the post has the same theme. les sucks, lsu sucks, jj sucks, etc.

maybe i'm missing it

sorry that you don't want to contribute to the site. i'm sure brett is as well. i'll continue to do so because of family i didn't know i had, even the crotchety ol' uncles that drink the last beer without putting more in the ice chest.

disagree with what i say, tell me why you agree, give me your reasons, your thoughts, your opinions

have you considered adding more fiber to your diet? :)

2. GreatestStory

GreatestStory LSU Faithful

Not even close. Apparently you have not been over to Tiger Droppings in the last 5 years.... It takes 3 hours sifting through nonsense to find one intelligent post. I can come on TigerForums every morning and read all the newly posted stuff in 20-30 minutes

If he won the Powerball he would complain about the taxes.

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

It would be helpful for quick identification if he could just change his avatar to Eeyore.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

:lol: or snuffy, the emo.

5. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

Don't like being challenged? You are way off there. I don't have a problem being challenged as long it is in a respectful manner. I try my best to treat others as I would like to be treated and that is with RESPECT. Look up the word RESPECT in the dictionary and you may learn something. What we don't need is for people to bash each other for stating their opinion whether anyone agrees with it or not. I didn't agree with his statements but I didn't bash him for it.:angryfire

6. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

I completely understand what you are saying except the fiber part :huh: but what I don't understand is people saying they are tired of him being negative. When you open up the forum, you can see who made the post before even opening it. If someone is tired of his negativity or his lack of constructive value, DON'T take the time to read it. It's that simple. Don't even bother reading it. No need to bash people. That is what gets under my skin.
    :angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I know something quite productive that can be done now to "get a better hold of this site."

Instead you choose to disrespect our entire community and bash this forum. That's never going to go over well.

1 person likes this.
  8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You don't know what bashing is. You need to thicken your skin.

Your bride very pretty.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Back on topic, why the hell would we want Jon Gruden? Ok he won a Super Bowl, (with an already loaded team), but so did Barry Switzer, and George Siefert. He hasn't coached at the collegiate level in eon's. He has a reputation for being a Saban type on the sidelines, a Nazi, where alot of the players hate him.

IF LSU were to part ways with Miles, Jon Gruden comes nowhere close to my radar.

10. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

My only take on why people would want Gruden is due to his hard a$$ fiery attitude. Which I agree I think the team (especially last year) could use some one like Gruden or Pelini to kick them in the butt some times. As far coaching I don't think Gruden would be my number one choice either.