Jon Gruden

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigers Paw, Jan 16, 2010.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Well, he'd be on my radar because I think he's hot.

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Gruden is one of the most overrated coaches in NFL history, he had 6 winning seasons out of 11, won a total of 5 playoff games in that time, and his team lost 4 straight games to close the year in 2008. Not sure why LSU fans have had such a hard on for him in the last 3-4 years. Same goes for Del Rio. Apparently people think that you must be a good college coach if you are a mediocre coach in the NFL.

IF, and only if, it doesn't work out with Miles, who I still support to the fullest, my first choice would be Gary Patterson. Not some ex-NFL coach will have been in broadcasting for 2 years, and is known more for being a "fiery guy" than a winner.

1 person likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

did i write this? totally agree.

4. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Houston Nutt is the Dale Brown of college football

5. Re: How Well Does Joe Alleva Know Jon Gruden?

I agree 100%, thats why I dont come here much anymore either

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Re: How Well Does Joe Alleva Know Jon Gruden?

I honestly don't think there's a lot of flaming going on here at all. Try looking at Tigerdroppings and you'll see what I mean.

Some posters have a reputation of being negative...some positive. Either way, when you state your opinion anywhere, be prepared for someone to strongly disagree with it.
    I think negative opinions do tend to get more negative, personal responses than positive ones and that's not good. I thought I crossed that line a couple of times myself with TC and SIU and that goes counter to my own nature. When your negative opinions come across as provocative in nature and as attempts to stir the pot (whether that's the intent or not) you should expect strong reactions.

I think that TC, SIU and Westcoast realize that and negative reactions roll off their backs easily. I think also that these guys are pretty forgiving about it...especially if you talk to them via PM about it. If you met these guys at a tailgate, and talked football over beer, I bet all parties would have a great time with no lasting hard feelings.

Husbands and wives have these type of confrontations often and it works out most of the time so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I hope you keep posting and if someone flames you, next time send a PM and straighten things out. That's what I sometimes do.

1 person likes this.
  7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Shut up Steve. :shock:

Coffee ready yet?

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

wtf are you doing up already?

we don't need to hear from you left coasters till after 1pm.:cool:

9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Ice-maker in the freezer was on the struggle. The sound was like grinding teeth. It got in my head...

My kids bike just got that tune up I been promisin. Up at 3:30 somehow brings good fortune. :huh: Thank the ice maker, I guess.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I fell asleep yesterday around 7:00 pm and just woke up early. The cafe's closed for Good Friday. I went back to sleep around 4:00am...altered sleep habits. So I thought I'd get online and tell lies !!!