Jonah Austin commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Fishhead, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Jernigan aint coming to LSU...hope Im, and everyone else, is wrong but Id put him at the bottom of this list

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Yeah, maybe so...I think Hunter would if given the chance, but a lot of the reason Jernigan is where he is probably has to do with the fact that there's always that NSD shocker, and I want him to be it.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Region isn't getting the offer likely now with Turner on board. We would accept a commit from G-rob if he wanted to commit though but I don't think the staff will put too much time into pushing for a switch. We have limited spots left and have other needs to fill.

Mickey Johnson at DT should be on that list and he was on campus today too for an official visit after calling up the coaches and requesting one recently.

TK Fleming should be on that list as well.

Chucky Hunter was supposed to be on campus today too but have not heard any confirmation that he made it.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The reason I don't have Johnson on the list is because I'm not a big fan. He hasn't handled himself very maturely thru the process, and until now, hasn't seemed like he WANTS to be a Tiger. He's pissed off pretty much every school in the conference by now. But yeah, he's a good player.

TK Fleming, I have really no knowledge about.

Hunter, I'd prefer him over Johnson, because he WANTS to be a Tiger. I think he has a higher ceiling anyway.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

BHelm, how many can we take now, given the restrictions? I know attrition could play a role in this, but since that can't be predicted, forget attrition. As is stands now, how many do you see us taking? 23?

6. bhelmLSU

Only people Mickey has offended are fans and paysites. He hasn't pulled any major offenses like we see with other prospects decommitting, lying to staffs, etc... Still Mickey and Hunter have grades they need to focus on.

I think we take either 22-23.

7. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Awesome. Much rather this guy than the head case in Region.

8. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

Coach Miles and Coach Wilson is doing a great job in recruiting the New Orleans area. I hope we do pick up another big OL so that we could run the ball better and take the heat off of Mettenberger. When he drops back in the pocket to throw the football.

9. bhelmLSU

TigerRag - RECRUITING UPDATE: Jonah Austin