Jordan Allen to leave LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Ron Brooks, backed up some great players and when it came draft time? 4th round pick in the NFL.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Guess it all changes with the academic angle. Guess I cant fault him for wanting to be all he can be. I just wish he wanted to be an NFL football player.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Agree. Did not know about the academic angle.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah me either, and either way I wish him the best I just thought he was gonna be really good this year.

ParadiseiNC and shane0911 like this.
  6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Can't blame the guy. No offense to him but he's not an NFL talent and, to his credit, he sees the necessity in getting as much free education as he can while playing he game he loves. Best of luck to him. Sucks for our depth but I am sure there are more dynamics at play here, like some of the redshirt freshman and sophomores passing him on the depth chart during spring ball.

plotalot and LSUDad like this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He got passed and lost his starting job last season. The young guys were getting all the reps in practice. Playing time wasn't looking like a sure thing. He has graduated and can transfer to another Division I school without sitting out a year. He'll find one that is light at end and may get to start. At least get more PT.

Sure it hurts LSU. But it was probably the right move for Allen.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Had you read the rest of the thread you would have seen that it is based on academics and not playing time. Hell he played in every game last year and I'd suspect the same would hold true this year. We rotate the DL and need depth.

I mean who leaves LSU to go to USL? Yuck. Last time I was on that campus it was being over run by women in burkas

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Playing time is an issue and him nursing injuries didn't help. His mom even came in to discuss his playing time. Then he couldn't get accepted into grad school at LSU.

red55 and LSUDad like this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He lost his starting job and was a senior not interested in being "depth". Playing time was indeed an issue.

He did not necessarily have to enroll in graduate school to use his final year of eligibility. He could have enrolled in a second baccalaureate degree and been eligible if he maintained full-time status.