Jordan Allen to leave LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 2, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

i think this is sad, dude was a pretty good DE

2. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Though he might have been the fourth or fifth guy off the bench, he definitely went hard when called on. He'll always be a Tiger in my book. Good luck to him.

Pintoracer, 1BIGTIGER and LSUDad like this.
  3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

other than Hunter he was probably the best when healthy. I was always impressed with his effort.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The depth at DE seems to be good, Beckwith was moved to LB, another DE was moved to DT, guess he could move back to DE. Last year we were short at DT, we played a TF and kicked Allen inside to DT at times. I think we are still in good shape at the DE position.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I heard an interview earlier this week about the broken "student-athlete" model. Even if a recruit wants to study something he is interested in that can provide a job after his playing career (such as Engineering), the coaches will show how classes conflict with football practices/meetings and steer (require?) them towards a suggested list of majors such as General Studies or African American studies that have limited benefit in the real world.

It was suggested that universities should allow their former athletes to come back to school after their playing days are over (whether college or NFL) and pursue whatever major they want for free. Limited to only undergraduate degrees.

In Jordan Allen's case, I would assume that transferring would not allow him to come back to LSU for additional free education. I do think that the free "education" of "student-athletes" is overstated if most of the big programs require you to take an easy major that has no impact on finding a job.

Cajun Sensation and LSUDad like this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's a shame how an injury at the wrong time can tank a promising college career.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Signed, Blue.....

Winston1, LSUDad and plotalot like this.