Jordan Jefferson and the option

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 8, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Has anyone noticed that Jordan seems to be running the lead option a whole hell of a lot better recently? He has had some really nice pitches over the past few games.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yep. He has been taking a much better angle towards the LOS, instead of running dead-parallel with it like he normally does. Still needs work, but he has improved.

3. brandonwinmill

brandonwinmill Founding Member

I saw him run it a few times correctly. That isn't who he is though. I think rs could run it. I'm not sure we are built for an option. I saw improvement this week in jj. He is still inconsistent, but he played well.

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

he's been a lot better on the read option.

he has though overall improved as a runner since the beginning of the season. those who don't see that are blind.

however i'd much rather LSU run the read rather than sprint options or lead options.

5. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I think he's better suited to this. That's what he scored that touchdown with vs. Tennessee.

Yeah, he's absolutely come a long way as a runner. If he can get that whole PASSING thing down, he could be a very special player.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He has gotten alot better at the zone read, but what i have been impressed with has been the lead option. The one to Michael Ford at the end of the first half down the left sideline was a thing of beauty. The kid has progressed, with his running, and if he could just continue to build off of that 2nd half passing performance, Lou Brown would say.... "We're a contender now!!"

[​IMG]

7. LSUtiger327

the TD pass to RR and the two point conversion were big time throws.

but look at a guy like mcelroy. if you go back and watch some of his throws they are brees-esque.

everyone was chirping about who-lio having a better game than PP but honestly g mac put some balls in places only #8 could get to them. two i remember were one down the left sideline in the first half (perfect back shoulder toss) and the last TD strike.

revis could'nt have gotten to those.

JJ will probably never be that kind of passer, but improvement (especially the kind he showed on saturday) is welcomed.

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUtiger327

yeah that's why i said he's better at the read option.

his comfort level with outside runs and pitches looks minimal.

9. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I agree...G-Mac made it easy for Julio on most of his passes. But PP could have played inside technique and avoided the TD pass. Guess they were thinking "fade" though...

Bottom line, I think it was ATVS that had an article that said JJ was an NFL WR and PP was an NFL CB. NFL WR's make catches on NFL CB's all the time.

10. LSUtiger327

true i almost posted that but you don't know whether where PP played was the play call or instinct that backfired. either way even if you watch PP he didn't defend it poorly (for the position he had), but damn if g mac didn't hit a spot.

edit: not trying to make excuses for PP, realistically though all three of those guys played well. g mac was just at the mercy of his o line and guys like baker, nevis, and sheppard made life hell for him. also guys besides PP played well and deserve credit, claiborne, reid, simon, loston, brooks, eugene, the tyrannosaurus, etc.