Jordan Jefferson, Josh Johns, Shady's being sued in barfight case

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcstraycat, May 8, 2012.

1. mcstraycat

mcstraycat Founding Member

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I just love the legal system !! :eek:

2000_tiger likes this.
  3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Like I said last year when Bienvenu was playing the media and BRPD like a fiddle, setting up the civil suit is all this was ever about.

Milesthebest likes this.
  4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Hmmm one day after he signed to play in the NFL.

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Yep. Had to wait til the dude got paid.

6. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

He probably hasn't been paid all that much. I'd expect he's signed a minimum contract (about $400k), which he won't collect on unless he makes the 53 man roster. There might be a small signing bonus <$5k. If he makes a practice squad he'll get about $96k. None of that's bad money but it's certainly not win the Lotto kind of scratch.

During mini-camp he gets $155/day. During training camp he gets $850 a week.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...afted-free-agents-how-much-will-they-get-paid

7. stevescookin

Jefferson won't have to pay anything but his attorneys.

Milesthebest likes this.
  8. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Personally, I think ole boy deserves another "alleged" kick to the cranium, phucking loser.

stevescookin likes this.
  9. stevescookin

No Chit !!

Jordan Jefferson's lawyer says lawsuit against he and Josh Johns is about money

Former LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson, linebacker Josh Johns and the owners of Shady's Bar arebeing sued in Baton Rouge civil court by four men who claimed they were seriously injured after being attacked without provocation outside the bar last August.
    Former LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson, linebacker Josh Johns and the owners of Shady's Bar arebeing sued in Baton Rouge civil court by four men who claimed they were seriously injured after being attacked without provocation outside the bar last August.
    Eric M. Ewen, Jordan M. Wills, Cayne A. Cox and Andrew R. Lowery are plaintiffs in the suit filed by attorney Michael Bienvenu on Monday. It alleges the four were seriously injured in the fight Aug. 19, and that Shady's was negligent in providing for the safety of the plaintiffs based on similar past occurences.
    The incident led to the arrest of Jefferson and Johns on second-degree battery charges Aug. 26, and the subsequent suspension of both players by LSU Coach Les Miles. An East Baton Rouge Parish grand jury reduced the charge against Jefferson to simple battery and dropped the charge against Johns.
    Jefferson missed the first four games of LSU's 2011 season while the simple battery charge was pending.
    Jefferson, who signed a free agent-contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week, declined comment, but his attorney, Lewis Unglesby, said from the beginning the charges were about money.
    "How coincidental the lawsuit gets filed right after Jordan signs a pro contract," Unglesby said. "We've said from Day One this was all about taking advantage of Jordan's success. We hope District Attorney (Hillar) Moore dismisses the criminal complaint based on Lowery's choice of the civil forum."
    Johns' attorney, Tommy D'Amico, said he was surprised his client was named in the suit.
    "The grand jury heard all of their witnesses, the other witnesses, listened to the evidence and even without the ability of Josh's attorney to cross examine them, and they still felt there was no evidence to believe Josh Johns was involved at all," Damico said. "For them to still name my client, I'm apalled. It's a frivilous lawsuit."
    Bienvenu declined to comment. The suit has been assigned to 19th Judicial District Judge Wilson Fields.
    According to the suit, the incident started as Ewen and Cox arrived at Shady's in Ewen's pickup truck to pick up Wills. When their attempt to move was blocked by a large group of people in front of and behind the truck, Ewen blew the horn.
    The suit said Ewen and Wills were pulled from the truck and beaten by a large group of people, including several LSU football players. Wills and Lowery were then beaten when they tried to intervene, the suit said.
    Ewen, Cox and Wills left Shady's, the suit said. After Lowery helped Ewen to his truck, he turned and saw Jefferson and Johns, whom he knew. The suit said Lowery was then forced to the ground by an individual or individuals, and that Jefferson and Johns kicked and beat him about the head, neck and face while he was on the ground.
    The suit said Ewen sustained three fractured vertebra, a bulging and/or herniated disc, multiple fractured teeth, multiple cuts and bruises to the head and face, and multiple bruises to rest of his body.
    Lowery sustained a fractured maxilla bone, fractured teeth, a bulging and/or herniated disc, multiple cuts and bruises to the head and face, and bruises to the rest of his body, the suit said. It also said Wills and Cox received multiple cuts and bruises to the head and face and multiple cuts and bruises to the rest of their bodies.
    I think even the harshest Jefferson critics are all rooting for him on this front !!!

10. stevescookin