Jordan Jefferson needs to grow up fast

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cornstarch, Nov 21, 2009.

1. cornstarch

cornstarch Freshman

or we should give up on the kid. You can tell he's a sophomore, hell, he looks like he's coming right out of JV high school ball at this point. I don't think I have seen anyone with worse pocket presence than this dude. You'd think after this entire season he'd learn SOMETHING. WHERE IS THE FREAKING CLOCK IN YOUR HEAD? That sack he took was just inexplicable. The play before that was ALMOST a sack, too.

Not to bash on the guy too much, but I just don't think he's very bright. He's young, I know, but that is no excuse. The look on his face after he gets sacked each time screams 6 year old brat to me. Like, "Oh my God, that wasn't my fault, come on!"

R-Shep please start next year.

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I'ts OK to bash JJ, just dont talk poorly of Jarrett Lee. People get upset.

JJ's got some issues with mechanics, decison making, and pocket prescence to be sure, nobody rational can dispute that.

My quesiton is, what's your alternaitive? An interception machine with a fragile psyche or a guy wo's never thrown a pass in college in his life.

3. cornstarch

cornstarch Freshman

Obviously, let's skip down the depth chart and not even consider ole Picky McSix (funny right...). Start Shepard. Now.

4. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

Jefferson looked very tentative out there today, like he had doubts about his own abilities. He seemed to be a little gun shy much of the game, and he also seemed to appear as if he wasn't sure what to do next. I guess some of that was the play calling that was going on.

At the end of the game, Jefferson definitely wasn't watching the clock or aware of the time. There should be no delay of game calls. EVER. Jefferson has to be conscious of time. That's part of his job as the leader on the field.:geauxtige

5. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

Well I guess we can count on that either because the number one rated high school recruit in QB last year apparently isn't ready to throw a pass! Thanks Crowton dont let the door hit you on the way out.

As much as I hate ole piss they showed us how we should be using Shep by burning us with the McCluster pass. :po::angryfire

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Jefferson was the guy on the field at the end of the game pointing at the clock gesturing to his coaches there wasnt time to do what they were telling him to do.

A race horse is only as good as the jockey riding him!

7. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

And whose fault is that??? I mean we have no choices at quarterback because?? The Head Coach hasn't recruited one? I really don't know the answer to this.. If Sheppard is a great running quarterback why not use him? What we got now is not very good.. Oh, I am hearing that Sheppard can't learn the offense ether. Maybe LSU needs to change the offense to fit the quarterback whoever he may be... Another season is almost over & we still don't know what to do at quarterback...

8. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

CLM and Crowton just screwed up JJ's head the same way they messed up JL. JJ will never be the same. I feel sorry for Shep. cause CLM will **** his brain up too.

9. cornstarch

cornstarch Freshman

Did Les Miles take the sack to put us out of FG range?

At the end, coaches fault for sure - but his play overall hasn't been impressive. He's good at delay of games and sitting in the pocket for 10 seconds. About all I've seen.

10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Yeah but it was him or crowton calling a passing play when we were already in FG position.

And I will agree he has no pocket presence but that is something that is suppose to be taught. The sack at the end had he stepped up in the pocket he would have been fine.

I dont think any of our QBs are being coached at all!!!!!!