Jordan Jefferson plays the victim card...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Jan 1, 2012.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I suppose he feels the same way about the Duke Lacrosse players and their lack of remorse? That article is long on opinion and short on facts, which is really what we've come to expect from anything with "FOX" attached to it...

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Fixed it for you. :thumb:

3. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

i realize i'm going to get a lot of criticism for this, but here goes...it's just the way i feel. jj and josh downs beat someone to a pulp and then kicked him in the head. they're lucky the guy wasn't hurt worse. at one point 90% of this board called for his head; now it's all ok!!!??? anyway, he's not even an average qb, good leader or fine example for younger fans. the attached article at the top of this page did nothing to disprove that. i so look forward to the end of the 4 year jj/jl reign. we have probably the best defensive backfield, defensive line and special teams in the country along with maybe the best offensive lines and running games yet we're 1 point underdogs (practically) at home to a team we beat on the road. why??? the inadequacies of our qb play.
    imo, he plays victim...i feel he's a thug. i love lsu and it's sporting teams but i'm a little worried about some of the transgressions that happened this year. it would be nice to be dominant without the rap sheets (ie u of miami). clm will take care that won't happen.

2 people like this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

How many times we're going to post this article?

Get over it.

Enjoy the championship.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

The article also contributed nothing new to the discussion, and offered no additional information on the Shady's incident. It was purely a "shame on you" article by a blogger trying to make a name for himself. I'm no fan of Jefferson's attitude, either, but he could have dropped to his knees at the press conference pleading for forgiveness, and this guy would've called it disingenuous.

Les is the one who reinstated Jefferson, so it sounds like you should have a problem with him, too, if you're worried about the "rap sheets". The point people are making is not that we shouldn't be concerned about what happened back in August. The point is why revisit this unnecessarily a week removed from the last game Jordan Jefferson will ever play at LSU, when no new relevant info has come to light?

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You shoulda been around in the 80's. Players were slammed on the hoods of cop cars almost on a weekly basis (from a trooper who trained in BR during that time). They kept a lid on it.

We're doing very well, trust me. Today ANY little transgression is all over the net. Even getting locked in an elevator makes the news.

7. Kajun4LSU

Kajun4LSU Founding Member

Or the 70's when McClendon would keep daily tabs on Art Kantrell, who never met a fight he didn't like. It's the only way to keep Art (who was the starting FB) out of jail.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

It's too bad the moron that got his ass handed to him wasn't hurt worse... he was the instigator who's mouth wrote a check his ass couldn't cash. It's been reported to death and now it's time to let it go.
    Had JJ or JJ kicked anyone in the head they wouldn't have had charges reduced, the whole incident was blown way out of proportion. We're 1 point underdogs because of how the money is being laid on this game, nothing else.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Did they? Again, we don't know wth happened at Shady's, other than Johns and JJ being accused by a problem child "marine," who two weeks later walked into a car after a late night of drinking. He was the one with a rap sheet before the fight, too.

JJ's a thug? Since when? Outside of the Shady's incident, what has JJ ever done while @ LSU to suggest he's not a good kid?

We could argue all day about his play as a QB, but he was not someone who has been in trouble in the past. If he was falsely accused (and I tend to think he was) of a heinous crime, why should be feel "sorry" about it?

1 person likes this.
  10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Thay would be a long day, arguing with yourself. The guy, on a good day, is average. The only argument would be to spell out or abbreviate average. Can't wait till next season.