Jordan Jefferson preparing for season

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Apr 15, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I say JJ will not be labeled a redshirt before the season and they will just play the season out to see if he can grasp the offense and see if there is really a need for him next year. If RP problems come to an end, he will RS because Lee and Hatch will be enough to play backup roles and take the reigns if RP is injuried or in trouble.

It is very difficult for any freshman QB to come in and learn a offense and become SEC ready in a very short period of time. Tebow was the last to have success but he mainly just ran it up the gut and threw passes after the run fake.

It will help his progress next year if Miles just tells him to be prepared for anything. I am excited about seeing him on the field in the near future but I hope it is after next season.

2. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

That's plenty good enough! :thumb:

3. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Sounds like he has to learn a lot of formations since he always operated out of the shotgun. Still it's hard to believe how underrated the guy is.

1 person likes this.
  4. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

JaMarcus has spoiled all of us ;p Before someone with an arm like Perrilloux's would be considered pretty incredible, but JaMarcus raised the bar a little bit higher

5. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Good point. The bar is very high these days.... and I love it this way!

1 person likes this.
  6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Read the first post.

He claimed he has 4.5 speed.

I don't think anyone doubts that.

7. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

I thought he played very well today myself. That is a great positive step for LSU.

8. bmistr1023

bmistr1023 Founding Member

:dis:What little positive that came out of that fiasco today would be the play of Jefferson. If there was ever a better demonstration of a total lack of discipline than this team displayed today, I have never seen in 50 years of watching LSU football. I have been sick of it from day one. Just look at the Alabama game last year when Tyson Jackson completley turned the game around for Alabama when he was called for roughing the John Parker Wilson and not to mention the 13 or 14 penalties called on us in that game. We have been one of the most penalized teams in the country over the last few years.
    I know we won the nc last year, I was there. We have been a very fortunate team and now the luck has run out. I know we've had injuries, we kicked RP off the team etc. etc. Maybe the right discipline at the right time RP could still be with the team.
    Something is BAD wrong with this team and somebody has to right this ship now.
    Arkansas was not a good team and how do we let them come back from being down 30-14. You know the bad thing is that you smelled it coming. Third and 29 over and out.

9. Texsport

Texsport Founding Member

bmistr1023,

I also began listening to and watching LSU football in 1958 and agree with you 1000%.

Lack of control by players and poor thinking by coaches is epidemic this season!

How can you continuously call 2 dive plays into the line on 1st and 2nd downs and then expect a freshman, starting his 1st game to continuously convert 3rd and long to preserve a victory? When your defense is suspect, you've got to hold on to the ball by opening up the offense a little----not doing the predictable! We did it in the 1st half and then lost our nerve!

I too now believe that we were enormously lucky last year and the luck has run out. A few more intellegent coaching decisions would have won today's game---and probably a couple more---since Jefferson should have been the QB for most of the year!

Texsport