Jordan Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KTeamLSU, May 2, 2008.

1. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

The fact of the matter is that no matter who is under center for the opener, he won't be asked to go out and throw the ball 35-40 times. There is so much talent that will be surrounding said starter that it should make things much easier.

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I think the bigger question is who will start at RB and will we primarily stick with one or rotate 3-4 in and out. I'm sure Coach Crowton will have many options but will probably start the season running the ball a little more than he would have with RP.

Hopefully one of the QBs will step up and get comfortable early enough so we can keep a balanced offense. I hope we can throw the ball more than 10 times a game.

3. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Hodson was a redshirt freshman, and a year in the program can make a hell of a difference.

Still, Hodson's performance his first year starting can't be expected. He was a really exceptional case. I still remember his first game. He shared the position with someone else, can't remember who, but his presence on the field was just way above the other guy. I had to call my mother after the game to give a report (she was too nervous to listen to the broadcast). First thing I said was, "Mom, we got ourselves a bleeping quarterback finally."

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Mickey Guidry, I believe?

5. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

Yes, Shaw alum Mickey Guidry would be correct.:thumb:

6. kevinb34322

kevinb34322 Freshman

I would say that Jefferson definately lost his redshirt on the same day Ryan got kicked off the team. The chances of having Jefferson start the first game are slim to none. We'll likely see a lot of Lee early in the season. He came in as a #60 overall recruit, so the kid had plenty of potential coming into college. I would like to see Jefferson moving towards the end of the year, but I hope not because that will mean that Lee or Hatch has been losing games for us

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Poor Mickey, I feel bad for my old middle school football coach. Well he was a very good coach and now he gets a chance to put Bell behind bars.:grin:

8. ParadiseiNC

I grew up down the street from Mickey, played baseball with him, and was fairly good friends with him through high school, but have not spoken with him in years. What do you mean by "Poor Mickey, I feel bad for my old middle school football coach. Well he was a very good coach and now he gets a chance to put Bell behind bars."?

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

What I meant by "Poor Mickey" was what Geauxhon said above about "we finally got us a QB". That feeling is not isolated to geauxhon but what many fans think of when remebering Mickey's career.

Mickey is a great guy and I always loved being apart of his teams. I was actually on his 1st coached teams back in 7th grade. He used to meet up with the team on LSU Gamedays at the 98.1 booth where we was on the radio every weekend. I know he worked for an investment company here in Baton Rouge with another of our coaches and a former LSU QB Jesse Daigle, and Hodson stopped by to visit the team a few times.

For the Bell thing, he was a juror in the Trial that sentenced him to death a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry for being vague.

http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/wwl041708tpchurchkill.7476baba.html

Edit: He is now the Athletic Director at St. Jude where I was coached by him.

10. ParadiseiNC

Thanks for the feedback. I was just curious. After Katrina, we moved to North Carolina, so I am bit out of touch. That's why I asked.

As far as JJ goes, personally I do not anticipate that he will have the maturity to compete right away for the starting position. I cetainly applaud Les Miles for nipping this RP thing in the bud, though. I hope the guy can turn things around for himself, but at some point you have to pull the trigger for the betterment of the program. I am very excited about Shepard - his character is anti-RP, and he is supposedly more talented than this years top QB Pryor, so our future looks bright. CLM compared the current QBs, Lee and Hatch, to Mauck and Flynn, which does not sound too bad to me. We'll be fine.